Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: another boat theft

Havasu Doug
    I received an email from a guest on my website telling me about her stolen boat.
    ...21' Eliminator Daytona was stolen from Baker Ranch Storage sometime between Sunday night and Wednesday morning. It was recovered in Hawaiian Gardens. The engine was sawcut from the hull. The seats, gauges, jet, etc. were also taken...This really sucks. I don't know what jurisdiction is handling this investigation as I am not the victim. Is anyone out there tracking these thefts across jurisdiction lines? Like a boat theft task force of some sort?

Boatcop
    There's a number of boat theft task forces set up in the SoCal area, and they work across jurisdictional lines.
    And since we investigators are pretty few and far between, we mostly know each other and have worked together in the past.
    Keith (boatPI) and I have done several operations together. And I know he's busted a few rings that lead him across 4 counties and 3 states to nab all the players.
    Sorry to hear of your friends loss. If it was insured, have her tell the Insurance Company to get ahold of Todd or Keith at Todd and Associates. They've got a pretty good record for recovering stolen boats.

Havasu Doug
    Boatcop:
    There's a number of boat theft task forces set up in the SoCal area, and they work across jurisdictional lines.
    And since we investigators are pretty few and far between, we mostly know each other and have worked together in the past.
    Keith (boatPI) and I have done several operations together. And I know he's busted a few rings that lead him across 4 counties and 3 states to nab all the players.
    Sorry to hear of your friends loss. If it was insured, have her tell the Insurance Company to get ahold of Todd or Keith at Todd and Associates. They've got a pretty good record for recovering stolen boats. Thank you very much for the info Alan. I will pass that on.

C-2
    Charley might have the name of the San Diego detective (Elery I believe was her name), in Riverside County it was the RAID division of the Sheriff, an auto theft detail. There was also DA investigators involved.
    Last I knew they had somebody under surveillance, don't know what happened after that.
    Where is Baker Ranch?

Havasu Doug
    C-2:
    Charley might have the name of the San Diego detective (Elery I believe was her name), in Riverside County it was the RAID division of the Sheriff, an auto theft detail. There was also DA investigators involved.
    Last I knew they had somebody under surveillance, don't know what happened after that.
    Where is Baker Ranch? Thank you C-2 for your info as well. This lady is really going to appreciate the quick responses and helpful info from you guys. As far as I know, she stored her boat in or near Parker, AZ. That is where she does all of her boating.
    I will pass this info on as well.
    Thank you very much.

Boatcop
    Doug,
    If it was taken from anywhere in Parker (Arizona side - La Paz County, I'd be on it. That is, if she reported it.
    I've never heard of Baker Ranch Storage?
    I re-read your original post, and saw it was already recovered, so Todd and Assoc. wouldn't get involved.
    It's hard to nail these guys after they dump the boat. That is, until they try to unload the engine and drive, or the parts turn up in a subsequent investigation.

Havasu Doug
    Boatcop:
    Doug,
    If it was taken from anywhere in Parker (Arizona side - La Paz County, I'd be on it. That is, if she reported it.
    I've never heard of Baker Ranch Storage?
    I re-read your original post, and saw it was already recovered, so Todd and Assoc. wouldn't get involved.
    It's hard to nail these guys after they dump the boat. That is, until they try to unload the engine and drive, or the parts turn up in a subsequent investigation. Yeah, I haven't heard of that storage facility either. We both live in Orange County, CA so maybe it's over here somewhere. I just sent her the link to this thread so she can follow it.
    Thanks again guys!
    H.D.

Mandelon
    I hate f*cking thieves! burningm burningm

DickDanger
    Mandelon:
    I hate f*cking thieves! burningm burningm I couldnt have said it any better. You just wanna get these guys, and string them up by their f**king balls. -Dick Danger Out

bordsmnj
    thieves! burningm burningm [/qb][/QUOTE]I couldnt have said it any better. You just wanna get these guys, and string them up by their f**king balls. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    yep.Ditto.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast