Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Pleasant during Memorial Weekend

Cat & Mice
    I was thinking about going to Pleasant Memorial weekend. My sister lives there and has her graduation on Friday, so since I should be there anyway I thought Hey lets make this a boat trip!
    Also my other sister lives about 10 mintues from the lake and she said that Pleasant was the closest place to park my Motor Home. So it seems like everything is in place.
    I have never beed there and have a few quiestoins
    1. Where is the best place to stay with a MotorHome?
    2.Is there docks to keep the boat in the water?
    3. Beaches?
    4. Can I make reservations
    and 5th whos going to be there??
    For you that don't know me my name is Mike Pyle and I have a 28 Daytona LP with twin Blown small blocks. I just got the new motors dialed in during the Eliminator Regatta. I am selling the boat and really need to take a weekend to make sure everything is working perfect.
    Pyle

roln 20s
    Woo hoo--the fastest (and my favorite) 28 Daytona is going to pleasant. I hope to make it out there on Saturday. My bro is going to havasu that weekend but suppose to roll with a buddy's fam and their eliminator, so I should have the boat.
    I know that Craig (22 advantage sport cat) planned to go out there that weekend also. I bet it is a huge crowd. I will let you know, but I hope to be there..with the rest of Phx.
    Can't wait to meet you and see your boat-- you still selling it?
    Roln 20s

91nordic29
    take a look:
    pleasant harbor marina

roln 20s
    Duh, I was excited and forgot to answer your questions.
    1. Where is the best place to stay with a MotorHome?
    2.Is there docks to keep the boat in the water?
    3. Beaches?
    4. Can I make reservations They have motor home spaces up top of the marina (that overlook the lake), but I am not sure if any are available or not, check with Pleasant Marina.
    There are NOT docks to keep the boat in the water that I know of. However, I have a couple of buddies that work there (one's the manager) of the Stack storage so I can check and see if I can pull any strings if there are some available.
    Beaches...not like the channel or anything. There is flat places near the ends of the lake that you can pull up on, but I would never recommend it.
    If there are spaces available, I'm sure you can reserve spaces.
    And after I finished reading your post- I saw that you are still selling it..so thanks for answering my Q in advance.
    They have a website:
    http://ww1.azmarinas.com/
    Not the official site, but I can't find that yet.
    I'll get the phone numbers and pass them along to you.
    Roln 20s

Cat & Mice
    Roln & Nordic
    Thanks for the info!
    Do you know what the name of the RV park is?
    I am thinking about just pulling the boat down with the Suburban but then I would have to stay at my sister house and you know how that goes.
    I was really didn't want to fight with launching the boat everyday and fighting the crowds, Plus it is a pain when your tow vehicle is a RV.
    Is the RV Park owned by the marina?
    Roln, It will be great to meet some of you guys to, That is one of the great things about going to a new lake.
    Pyle
    So if there is no beaches then what do you guys do? Just raft up?

Donnie
    Craig and I will be there with the girls on saturday, I have a 25 Daytona purple and teal.
    There is a camp ground thats owned by the state and at the marina there is a big RV park, I believe that one is privatly owned...this time of year it should not be a problem getting a space.
    I think we met at one of the first poker runs in havasu.
    Look forward to seeing you
    Donnie

Craig
    Pyle,
    The marina does run the trailer park. It's a nice set up. You wouldn't have any problem launching each day, hell, we do it The lake is damn near full, the water isn't too cold. We're going to be there Saturday. We all hang out back in Humbug. We raft up. That's the one thing that sucks, no beaches, but it's the largest local lake. Drop me an e-mail if you need more info.
    Craig

roln 20s
    . My sister lives there and has her graduation on Friday, so since I should be there anyway I thought Hey lets make this a boat trip!
    Where is your sister graduating from?
    I just bought a house, so you are always welcome to stop by anytime you need a break from the family.
    Roln 20s

XTRM22
    Donnie:
    Craig and I will be there with the girls on saturday, I have a 25 Daytona purple and teal.
    Donnie We'll be there too, we'll be the 22' DCB Vee (white w/red,grey and purple graphics) about a mile behind Donnie's Daytona.
    CHuck

roln 20s
    We'll be there too, we'll be the 22' DCB Vee (white w/red,grey and purple graphics) about a mile behind Donnie's Daytona.
    Thats not too bad since the lake is only 7 miles long..no big deal.
    I'll be about a mile behind you...actually come to think of it, the only people I will be in front of are sail boats and anyone crazy enough to take a row boat out there. Maybe I'll blame it on the weight of the ice chests-hehe.
    Can't wait to meet you also Chuck.
    Roln 20s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast