Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Boat Show - Best of Show?

roln 20s
    Speaking of the 1100hp and 1250hp Howard bulletts, I was joking with Mike at Howard and telling him good job on working the "entry level" boaters at the show. $70K for the cheapest boat on their show floor. All I can say is I wish I had $100K +, but don't we all. Great boats.
    RD- that DCB Mach 26 (open bow with the teague 800) is pictured in one of the other threads. I also thought that boat was sick- did you notice that the gel-coat design was different on both sides. Killer touch.
    On the Schiada note- I loved the 32 they had at the show. Awesome, and all paint!
    Roln 20s

superdave013
    HBjet:
    RiverDave:
    but nobody else is really making trick billet rail kits with cross members anymoreYeah they are. Just not production boat mfg's. You need to go and have that shit made my friend. I bet that Schiada wasn't rigged by Schiada.
    HBjet Oh yes it was. It was rigged by Stan @ schiada. But our forum member schiada96 made some of the parts for it.

schiada96
    HB why would you say that if you don't know dont say. Stan rigged all of them at the Vannuys plant

Havasu Hangin'
    The 40' MTI gets my vote...
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/508/74MTI_Front-med.jpg[/img]
    Only because you gotta love a 40' boat that seats 4 (snugly)...
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/508/74MTI_Interior.jpg[/img]
    [ February 20, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Lendon Smith
    My vote would be for the new Hallet 260!
    Love all the ROOM on that boat! And the sales guy quoted me a 68,000.00 sticker!
    That was 4 grand cheaper than the howard 25!
    Are Hallets suddunly more affordable or am I just getting comfortable spending 70 grand on a boat? eek!
    bundy

HBjet
    superdave013:
    Oh yes it was. It was rigged by Stan @ schiada. But our forum member schiada96 made some of the parts for it.So I stand corrected! I just remember seeing some "One Off" looking parts, parts I wouldn't think are on the shelf at a boat mfg. Kinda like the ski tow pole mounted into a fuel block! I don't think Eliminator is using that part.
    HBjet
    [ February 20, 2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

jet4fun
    my vote is definetly for the schiada 21 rc...
    in my personal opinion of rigging i have seen at this, and past shows, and boats out and about. i think that nobody even comes close (styling put aside, i am talking purely about rigging) to DCB and Schiada rigging quality...
    my main reason for liking this boat so much besides the rigging is because for me it is the ultimate boat... i am in to smaller boats (i currently have an 18.5 foot jet boat) and my only complaint about my boat is lack of space and usless in rough water like havasu, and zero freeboard... this boat is small enough to take to small places, but can handle rough water like havasu with ease, you can even take it to the ocean... plus its a v-drive which i like because you wont grenade your drive with 1200 horsepower (which is what i would have in it if i could afford one to begin with)...

jet4fun
    HBjet:
    superdave013:
    Oh yes it was. It was rigged by Stan @ schiada. But our forum member schiada96 made some of the parts for it.So I stand corrected! I just remember seeing some "One Off" looking parts, parts I wouldn't think are on the shelf at a boat mfg. Kinda like the ski tow pole mounted into a fuel block! I don't think Eliminator is using that part.
    HBjet i would have to say that thats what really sets companies like Schiada and DCB apart, not using parts that just anyone can get... look at every single piece of aluminum that DCB uses: it has their logo engraved on it. you arent gonna just get that off the shelf of anywhere... did you see the grills in the 32 Schiada? had their logo as the grill (personally i thought it was ugly, but you gotta admit it was trick)...
    this is the kind of stuff i think even sets companies like eliminator apart from these guys.

superdave013
    jet4fun:
    HBjet:
    superdave013:
    HBjet i would have to say that thats what really sets companies like Schiada and DCB apart, not using parts that just anyone can get... look at every single piece of aluminum that DCB uses: it has their logo engraved on it. you arent gonna just get that off the shelf of anywhere... did you see the grills in the 32 Schiada? had their logo as the grill (personally i thought it was ugly, but you gotta admit it was trick)...
    this is the kind of stuff i think even sets companies like eliminator apart from these guys. I agree! I went to that show just to look at all the hardware and rigging. It was all pretty much the same stuff on all the boats until I got to DCB and Schiada. I really liked what I saw at DCB. They do some really nice trick stuff. And people wounder why those types of boats cost so much. Well, I guess they could have just opened up the Rex and Dana catalogs and been like everyone else and trimmed some cost. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff Rex and Dana are putting out. But I feel that alot of these so called custom builders are pretty much just doing custom gel coats. Their hardware is the same as everyone elses for the most part.

superdave013
    HBjet:
    superdave013:
    HBjet Well that's because it's a true custom boat.
    They build each one as a one off peice. They are not pumping them out like Eliminator is.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast