Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LA Boat Show - Best of Show?

mbrown2
    That Kayak trailer is pretty tight...must have missed it...was it being towed by a Civic?

WetWillie
    HavasuDreamin':
    I would have to say in a close race between the Eliminator 26' Tunnel, and the DCB F26 with twin 300X Merc's, that the Elim. wins out based on gel color and scheme. I like both boats though. The Eliminator.......

I ahve to agree with HD this and the DCB 26 did it for me!
    WW yuk

WetWillie
    Dis be the one

Bad to the !!! smile_sp

WetWillie
    WW eek! jawdrop eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!
    [ February 26, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

Infomaniac
    Maybe next year one of them will have a Marine Assault 705 Quad 3.3 Whippled Monster powering it.

WetWillie
    Info thats what I am talking about!!!
    WW wink
    [ February 26, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

mbrown2
    Infomaniac:
    Maybe next year one of them will have a Marine Assault 705 Quad 3.3 Whippled Monster powering it. Who needs the boat show...just one of those engines sitting in MY boat on the RIVER would be swell...just need to make it through this season...

BILLY.B
    The gelcoat colors have come along long way, and the gelcoaters do a great job of applying it. But when it comes to laying out the graphics on some of these boats it looks like the graphic designers threw spagetti at the inside of the mold and then traced it. And whats with all of these backwards tribal flame designs?? that really makes alot of sense. I also like when there's a 36ft boat with only 20ft of lay out. What ever happened to using the lines of the hull and making the boat look like it was really haulin ass just sitting there??, now a days it looks like the boat is there being pulled backwards and the ugliest boat wins!!. All's I know, if I even thought of putting those ummmm I can't even call those graphics, on the side of some guys custom painted boat I would of been out of buisness along time ago. These west coast "GRAPHIC DESIGNERS" should take along look at the east coast boats and get a good look at some of the lines/fades and just overall use of color, not just your typical thrown together graphic job like the west coast is offering. REMEMBER,being different isn't always the best thing!!, but coming up with somthing that catches your eye and complments your whole package, AND STILL LOOKS GOOD and not DATED is. eek! eek!

BILLY.B:
    The gelcoat colors have come along long way, and the gelcoaters do a great job of applying it. But when it comes to laying out the graphics on some of these boats it looks like the graphic designers threw spagetti at the inside of the mold and then traced it. And whats with all of these backwards tribal flame designs?? that really makes alot of sense. I also like when there's a 36ft boat with only 20ft of lay out. What ever happened to using the lines of the hull and making the boat look like it was really haulin ass just sitting there??, now a days it looks like the boat is there being pulled backwards and the ugliest boat wins!!. All's I know, if I even thought of putting those ummmm I can't even call those graphics, on the side of some guys custom painted boat I would of been out of buisness along time ago. These west coast "GRAPHIC DESIGNERS" should take along look at the east coast boats and get a good look at some of the lines/fades and just overall use of color, not just your typical thrown together graphic job like the west coast is offering. REMEMBER,being different isn't always the best thing!!, but coming up with somthing that catches your eye and complments your whole package, AND STILL LOOKS GOOD and not DATED is. eek! eek! LMAO...how true. I didn't want to say it but you can get away with it.

Havasu Doug

Wild Lavey's 2750 NuEra was my favorite.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast