Thread: Portland Poker Run (Portland Oregon)

Rock-it man
    For anyone in the Northwest Or anyone else The III annual Portland Poker Run is going to be July 19,03.which is not far away .I have attended the last two and it is the best organized I have been to on the west coast,The boats leave in groups of 10 and its 60-70 miles long on the Willimate and Columbia rivers,a great lunch and awards dinner call 503-793-2164 for all the info I will be there in a 2003 Elim Datona with 1400+ hp and some too spare !!!! Thanks ROCK-IT MAN

HP350SC
    Have you got your new motor sorted out and reliable? Got some seat time in the new cat? Sounds like you'll have a great time. About what percent of the time in a 60 mile run do you run under boost? Damn I gotta get a boat like that eventually.I'm thinking about that 224 Stoker with the HP500,fits in my garage,tows easy,maybe cheaper to insure since it's probably classified as a v-hull and if I remember right did 90+ mph in Hot Boat test.Kinda weird looking though,and not much brand recognition.Wonder what it would do with a whipple? Did you see the video at Havasu with the 160 mph Skater,too bad that DCB lost a motor,looked like he was coming up strong for a while. Shasta getiin' close,going June 18th-22nd. Later Rock-it-man.

Rock-it man
    Hey 350 good to here from ya,im testing the new cat now ,first trip out ran 102 at 4600 but had to back out as I had a water pressure problem,second trip out ran 110.8 at 5300 but still too much water pressure have corrected now and am going out sat to see if I can run 125+ with the setup I have now will run 6% overdriven and 9 lbs boost this time. I run as fast as I can in poker runs at WOT where ever I can,last two portland poker runs I was first in class and first overall with the Nordic Rage but as you may know a boater from Tacoma has it he will be in the Portland Run also,Will have the cat diled in before the Portland run !!!!!! So not to worry !!!! ROCK-IT MAN

HP350SC
    Hey Larry, I was down at the local boat shop(Pacific Power Boats) and they seem to know you quite well wink They put together a Nordic 35' w/Vortech HP500's that is rumored to do 112mph or so. It will likely be at the poker run also. Lets see some pics. of your Eliminator (graphics/etc.) What are the specs. on your motor to reach 1400 h.p.? And what type of drive holds up to that? Was your old boat a 25'? That new cat. should do awesome in the 3' rollers around St. Helens! I'm gonna have to come down and look all this eye candy over!!