Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to camp in Parker?

RiverReady2
    I'm heading out to parker in October to catch the tail end of the summer and am looking for a better place to camp then La Paz. I know when I was there last I noticed a place on the east side of the river with its own cove that looked nice. Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    Justin

Hustler
    I dont know to much about camping there but I have heard good things about castle rock. When are you going? theres going to be a lttle get together there the third weekend in october

RiverReady2
    A little get together............. I'm going to be out there the weekend before..to bad for me
    Justin

Riverdave's from what I have been able to determine.

Riverdave's from what I have been able to determine.

Boatcop
    The place you're talking about is River Island State Park, a sub-unit of Buckskin State Park. Either River Island or the main Park at Buckskin is well worth the stay.
    If you're coming in October, prepare yourself for the blue-hairs in their Winne-barge-os. They'll have started trickling in by then. If you like your music a little loud, be prepared for a visit from Mr. Ranger to tell you to turn it off.
    No reservations, first come-first served. If you can cut out on a Thursday, you'll stand a much better chance of getting a prime spot.
    Buckskin Park

KillerV
    BY FAR RED ROCK IS THE BEST CAMP ON THE WATER, NEXT TO FOXES, RACING EVERY FRI AND SAT 5 TO 7 CAMP HOSTS ARE THE BEST, LITTLE BIT OF JETTIE HELPS OUT ON CURRENT WITH OUT GETING OUT OF TOUCH OF ALL THE FUN NEED A #1-928-667-3116 GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN KILLER V OUT

Trailer Park Casanova
    Buckskin, river island, riverlodge (Calif side) and perhaps echo.
    Emerald cove has a $29 deal weekend, but the place smells like sewage all the time, and Red Rock looks like sewage all the time. Fox's and Roadrunner have some camping too.
    If you need electricity, inquire how much amps their sites are, and the reseting the breaker policy.
    Somecampgrounds you can't reset your own breaker if it trips, you have to wait for an employee to come by the next morning , unlock the panel, and reset it.
    Boatcop's recomendation of river island is the best bet, but enquire about their electrical policy.

TheLurker
    Buckskin has always been my favorite

CA Stu
    Boatcop:
    The place you're talking about is River Island State Park, a sub-unit of Buckskin State Park. Either River Island or the main Park at Buckskin is well worth the stay.
    If you're coming in October, prepare yourself for the blue-hairs in their Winne-barge-os. They'll have started trickling in by then. If you like your music a little loud, be prepared for a visit from Mr. Ranger to tell you to turn it off.
    No reservations, first come-first served. If you can cut out on a Thursday, you'll stand a much better chance of getting a prime spot.
    Buckskin Park What's up with the prices at Buckskin this year? They seem to have doubled from last season!
    Also, the place didn't seem as friendly, either.
    Or maybe it's just me.
    CA Stu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast