Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bass Lake

LUVNLIFE
    I've never been there and now I got invited to go up there for a week. What's the lake like, facilities, terrain, you know general info about the place. Thanks for the help.

JetBoatRich
    Went there as a kid, nice relaxing place 35MPH speed limit good family place for you

little rowe boat
    I grew up going to bass lake.It is a beautiful place for the family.The lake is small and there is a speed limit of 35 mph.A great place to just relax.

wsuwrhr
    Check out FEES, if you are concerned. The last time I had my boat there I had to buy an annual pass, cost me about a 100 bucks if I remember right before i got my boat in the water. Speed limit sucks. Let me tell you,,it is enforced, I got a ticket on land and water to prove it. I just don't learn....
    Brian
    I love the place, I couldn't say enough about it, spent many a summers there, I feel like I am comming home every year I go. Excuse me, I think I am going to go cry.....
    Bass Lake Lodge

wsuwrhr

Whipple Charged
    Kinda small, but nice lake. There is no speed limit.
    Dustin

24ROD
    Whipple Charged:
    Dustin Dustin, Is Lake Shaver any bigger than Bass Lake? Does it have a speed limit?

24ROD
    Whipple Charged:
    Dustin oops
    [ May 31, 2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: 24ROD ]

Hava-Schiada
    Luvnlife, I've been going there since I was a kid and now take my family up every year for a week. Fairly small lake. Can get crowded on weekends. Water is 70+ degrees from early June on. It seldom gets windy . The old speed limit has been lifted!! But, the sheriff's watch very closely for safe boating, ie. do not get close to other boaters or objects. Speed limit is 5 mph from 8pm to 8am on the entire lake. It costs $50-60 eek! (depending on HP and size of boat) to register with sheriff's. As soon as you launch, you need to go to the sheriff's tower to register. You have to provide the following:
    Life jackets for every passenger capable of being seated in boat.
    One throwable life preserver or cushion.
    A working horn.
    A working fire extinguisher.
    Current registration.
    The pass is good for the rest of the year.
    The best thing about the lake is they are very strict on Lake Lice! PWC's can only ride in 2 designated areas (For PWC's only), and to and from the areas. They will cite if they catch a PWC cruising the lake.
    The pic on my avatar was taken last June on the lake.
    Enjoy!

gstark
    Oh no - its a terrible lake. You will not have any fun.
    Just kidding. Great place - from mid-late June to late Aug. the rangers patrol with a vengeance.
    Follow boating rules, especially swimming around your boat (only behind the 5mph buoys). No speed limit that I know of - I've seen HTM24's ripping it up there, and I routinely cruise above 50.
    Water gets trashed in a hurry, early AM (8-8:30) for water skiing is excellent. I think they have changed their policy on 3 seat PWCs, letting them roam the lake. 2 seaters are segregated to a couple of areas. Tell them you have 235 HP and the rate is less. Above that, it is 60/yr. Ducey's for early dinner - excellent.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast