Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INTERIOR WORK IN HAVASU

NOCTURNAL
    I NEED TO GET A NEW HATCH BUILT AND SOME UPHOLSTERY DONE ON MY BOAT. DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OF SHOPS IN HAVASU TO TAKE IT TO GET THE WORK DONE?

Back To Havasu
    Several years ago, I had my Eliminator Daytona re-done at a place called Cover Me Custom in LHC. The owner is a guy named Lee, and the work and price were terrific.

WHIPPED502
    What ever you do don't take it to Tammy's.My boat was'nt done until six weeks after it was promised. I told them I had a week vacationed planned with family and friends at Havasu and that I would have the only boat. They said it would be done three weeks prior to the trip. The boat was'nt done for three weeks after the trip.Even after that I had to take it back three times to tie up loose ends. When I was upset that it was'nt done they told that I was'nt understanding to their situation in that it was a bigger project than they had thought and they were actually losing money on it. I was told I could pick up the boat even though it was'nt done and they would call it even since they had half my money. Sorry for being so long winded,but I did'nt want to bad mouth someone without an explanation.

78DiMarco
    I had my interior done at The Upholstery Shop in Bullhead City a couple of months ago. I had a whole new interior done including a new hatch (I had a dog house before), carpet,bimini and boat cover. We did a complete redesign of the interior layout so all new wood framing was fabricated. The underside of the seats are also finished and it makes the boat look like new. Walt the owner is a good guy and he uses the best material. I suggest you talk to Walt (928-763-3566) and tell him what you need. He did the job in about 2-months and it came out great!!
    I will post some pic's in the next day or so and you can take a look.

hd&boatrider
    78DiMarco:
    I had my interior done at The Upholstery Shop in Bullhead City a couple of months ago. I had a whole new interior done including a new hatch (I had a dog house before), carpet,bimini and boat cover. We did a complete redesign of the interior layout so all new wood framing was fabricated. The underside of the seats are also finished and it makes the boat look like new. Walt the owner is a good guy and he uses the best material. I suggest you talk to Walt (928-763-3566) and tell him what you need. He did the job in about 2-months and it came out great!!
    I will post some pic's in the next day or so and you can take a look. I took my boat there becaue one of the seats was coming loose. They told me they would need the boat for about a week. I said "Its only one friggin' bolt." They indicated they would have to take off all of these panels and so forth. At least a 200-300 job. They will never get my business.
    I was on my way to LHC so I stopped at this little upholstry shop...I can't remember the name right now--and the guy fixed it in 15 minutes and didn't want to charge me anything. I gave him a $20. anyhow. Within a year or two I will be redoing the interior completely. Those rip offs in BHC won't get my business or even have the opportunity to bid on it. If I can find the business card of the business in LHC I will pass it along. It may be on the boat in BHC.
    Cover me Custom has done bimini repairs for me and have been very helpful and did not even charge me the last time they fixed it up. I did not know they did interior work but if they do I will have them give me a quote. I am sure the work they would do would be top notch.
    Just my 2 cents.

SchiadaLHC
    Regarding Tammy's in Lake Havasu. I have used Tammy's for all of my Interior needs. She has done a complete incloser on my 2003 Playcraft that came out flawless. She has also done outstanding custom flame work on my ATV seats, that makes you almost not want to sit on them, but frame it for all of your friends to see. She is currently working on my 2003 Fleetwood Coach and it is coming out perfect. Tammy & her staff does awesome work and you couldn't ask for nicer people to work with. You should look into them if you are in Havasu, and never take one persons opinion.

78DiMarco
    HD&B, it sounds like like you didn't get warm fuzzies from who ever you talked to. Oh well, you can't please everybody all the time......

mw
    In response to NOCTURNAL posted 3/11/03 and WHIPPED502 posted 3/11/03. Whatever you do take it to Tammy's! The team @ Tammy's recently re-upholstered my 1990 Mirage and did a superb job. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and prompt service was appreciated in a day when the "customer is hardly ever right." Incidentally, I was referred to Tammy's by the gentleman who re-gelled my boat. His quote; "They do great work." At least stop by and talk with Jim and Tammy. I think you will be pleased.

NOCTURNAL
    Thanks for all of the responses.
    I will give Tammy's a call once I get the boat back from Chandler. At least I will have a recommendation now instead of going in blind. If things go wrong at Tammy's I'm coming after you (SchiadaLHC & mw)!! J/K. Thanks again. See you at the Lake.

HavasuDreamin'
    If something falls through with Tammy's, try Lee out over at Cover Me Custom. He did top notch work for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast