Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWC Banned on Mead & Mohave

JennDonB
    I just got a letter from Seven Crown Resorts saying that as of Sept 15,2002, all PWC are prohibited from Lake Mead & Lake Mohave. This ban is a result of a law suit filed by the tree hugging group The Blue Water Network of San Francisco.
    For more info got to http://www.nps.gov/lame/pwc.html
    Are boats next?

THOR
    It came about from the Bluwater organization getting tired of waiting for the NPS to perform their polution study of 'in-water' exhaust. Well, the NPS dragged their feet, now there is a law suit and PWCs are banned.
    Personally, I hate those things, but outboards and smog emissions are next for the hi-performance boats out there.

burning cole
    Yippee, that is the best news of the summer. Those damn things should have banned years ago. Causing 80% of water related accidents! When are the going to banned in all other waterways?

beached1
    burning cole:
    Causing 80% of water related accidents! =
    Where did you come up with that statistic?

HM
    JennDonB:
    I just got a letter from Seven Crown Resorts saying that as of Sept 15,2002, all PWC are prohibited from Lake Mead & Lake Mohave. This ban is a result of a law suit filed by the tree hugging group The Blue Water Network of San Francisco.
    For more info got to http://www.nps.gov/lame/pwc.html
    Are boats next?This is a temporary ban - hopefully the environmental study will support that they can still be used. I know many people hate PWC's, but once a precedent is set at banning some type of recreational watercraft, then it becomes a slippery slope!

Hotcrusader76
    Now the select few idiot drivers of PWC's will buy the boats.....so now there will be more idiot boat drivers....
    Cool eek!

NashvilleBound
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by burning cole:
    [QB]Yippee, that is the best news of the summer. Those damn things should have banned years ago. Causing 80% of water related accidents!
    Where DID you get those statistics???? I thought it was 95%!! Best news I have heard all year. NB

beached1
    Hotcrusader76:
    Now the select few idiot drivers of PWC's will buy the boats.....so now there will be more idiot boat drivers....
    Cool eek! Which will give the tree hugging freaks a reason to ban power boats too. Get the picture people?

lakesmodified
    Let me start by informing those of you that think this ban great: If these assholes ban PWC's from these lakes, do you think they will stop there? Of course not, next will be the 2-stroke outboard engines... Still doesn't affect your blown BBC?, well, just wait, they'll eventually get to you. I've owned at least one boat(sometimes more than 3 at a time)during the last 20 years. At present, I own a 17 FT Targa, BDS Blown 460 Ford jet drive, I also own 2 Yamaha wave runners. Any ban, is wrong and should be fought. We have in this board a great opportunity to reach thousands of boaters/pwc owner/operators... Everyone needs to get involved and write your State reps, senators, etc... Or, just sit back and enjoy the ban... Just don't cry when they ban your type of watercraft.. Ivan

burning cole
    beached1, NashvilleBound,
    That stat was from botcops thred about a week ago, but can not find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast