Thread: Castaic Lake Is Closing

Lake Lifeguard
    Effective July 1st the Castaic Lake Recreational Area will close to all public recreation.
    Save Castaic Lake . org

v-drive
    I've never been to Castaic. I am not a person that butts in to often.I am a working man just like many of you and if you see a petition to recall Gay Grey sign it. Many people say it's to late the damage is done and they're right, but we have to send a message to these people that we are not going to stand for there corruption.
    devil devil v-drive

Lake Lifeguard
    I doubt that the HTM thing has much to do with the decision to close.
    Save Castaic Lake . org [/qb][/QUOTE]I'm really sad to see it go. How much of this has to do with the HTM lawsuit?
    Or is it do to loss of revenues after the over policing of the lake?
    RD [/QB][/QUOTE]

LUVNLIFE
    From MrsLuvnlife, definitely a bummer. We did move to this area for the closeness of the lake, I will say it's not the best lake, but it's a nice place to get the boat wet and enjoy a nice cruise. We haven't been there in quite some time due to a new baby, but we used to go almost every weekend and some weekdays too. The whole family has signed the petition to try to save it.

sandblasted
    I just wonder what it will be like when it re-opens...worst case senario, no 2-stroke motors at all maybe! could be even a horsepower limit?
    Look at Diamond Valley lake, that was suppose to be open to all recreational users,now the government has severly restricted access.
    I don't care for Castaic because of their over the top enforcement after the HTM accident but it does help relieve the pressure on the few other lakes in the area...Wonder how crowded Pyramid, Piru, and Buena Vista will be now?

LUVNLIFE
    It blows. Are they losing money? They charge don't they? I pay an assload of taxes for something, oh yea welfare. yuk

Kilrtoy
    Wonder how crowded Pyramid, Piru, and Buena Vista will be now?
    CAN YOU SPELL ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    They are already over crowded. Now they will be insane.....
    They all have big bank backers, Well so do we.
    Larry loves a good fight especially for a good cause, Well Hot Boat, You guys need to get him involved and get his HORSEPOWER on our side and involved...