Thread: Pot study

sorry dog
    In this thread - http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108558 this pot study was mentioned http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-mso030706.php but I think it's worth mentioning that this study should not be viewed as being statistically significant due to lack of samples and resulting large margins of error. There are other questionable designs but this particular author writes that the journal endorses the study's conclusions, which I doubt.
    For some reason I feel like the quality of journalism today stinks, but then again it's probably always been this bad.

centerhill condor
    I concurr... more study is required... at 4:20 man...

Boozer
    I think pot heads really do get stuck in 2nd gear.
    Prior to December of 2004 I smoked marijuana on more then a few occassions but my use was very infrequent. I would say at most I got stoned maybe 1 time every couple of months. In December of 2004 I started smoking marijuana regularly. "How regularly?" you ask? Lets put it this way since December of 2004 I can probably count the number of days I have NOT smoked marijuana on 2 hands, maybe even one.
    Prior to becoming a pot head I was a drunk (hence the name Boozer). Thinking marijuana would be a good alternative to alcohol I became a regular pot head. Initially I fel much better after making the transition from booze to pot. I was no long constantly depressed and I lost a ton of weight. However, now after using marijuana for some time I am starting to notice some adverse affects that I think have been caused as a result of it's use.
    I use to be a VERY quick witted person while I am still somewhat quick witted I am not nearly as quick as I use to be. My speech has been greatly affected, I find that I talk much slower now and have a very difficult time coming up with apropriate verbage to use while having conversations, I might mean to say one thing but it comes out completely different. My reaction skills have also been greatly affected ESPECIALLY driving just today I almost rear ended a guy because I reacted to slowly and was NOT high. I also find that I am much more easily frustrated these days then I use to be and give up on things a lot easier then I use too. As an example of my frustration not to long ago a cab driver was trying to overcharge me for a cab fair rather then pay him what he was overcharging me and report it to the PUC I beat him severely and left.
    It's now been almost a year and a half and I feel that I took what I needed from the pot and it is time to move on. It got me through a very difficult point in my life but now that point is over and the negative affects from pot are becoming greater then the positive affects at this point. On Saturday night I smoked what I would like to be my last bowl and all I can say is those who say pot is not addictive have never tried giving it up!
    For those of you who consider it to be harmless I say keeep on puffin if it's what works for you, but from my own personal experiences I can tell you that it definitely has negative affects; although the negative affects from pot in my case are not nearly as bad as the negative affects that alcohol causes for me.
    Oh yah.. The short term memory myth does hold true too. I meant to mentiont hat my memory had been affected when I started writing this post butabout 45 seconds into it I forgot all about it. Who knows what else I frogot to mention???????

Captain Dan
    I smoked pot for a month one night.

Steve 1
    I smoked pot for a month one night.
    ROFLMAO