Thread: 4th of July Shasta hot-spots?

Special K
    This is our second year houseboating on Shasta for the 4th. Last year we didn't find too many "younger" people to meet up with. Is there a certain arm/part of the lake where more people set up for the day and/or night?

Rock-it man
    There is uassaly a lot of ( YOUNGER) people up the Sacto arm and the Mccloud arm where the camp grounds are.of course it depends on how young ya want them,will young at heart work !!!!!! then im there. For a thrill try the Sacto arm around the obrian inlet as a large gathering of Hot Boats will be there on the 4th. Have fun and be safe ROCK-IT MAN

spectratoad
    There will be about 50 of us over at Nelson point, that is straight across from Sugar Loaf. We usually end up taking some day trips into the Sac Arm or O'brien. As we get closer I or somebody will post a roll call thread and we try to meet up somewhere and go float.
    There is also a big get together at Tower Park on the Sac. Delta. Go to Banderlog website. That is in August and is a good event.
    [ May 29, 2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

TripleThreat
    I'll be all over Shasta this summer. I'm 28 and have a feeling I will be using the Squaw and Pit arm a lot just because it is less crowded. I like cruising around and pouring copious amuonts of gasoline into my boat. My buddy Byron (BK on here) is on Shasta all the time as well.

BK
    Since alot of the people that camp at Shasta do it on house boats theres really no "hot" spots exept mabye Slotterhouse Island at the bottom of the Sac arm. You'll find some real fast boats around the Obrian inlet near Shasta Marina and theres some good coves around there as well. Like Jay I am partial to the Pit and Squaw arms at the Jones Valley inlet because its less crowded. You might also try the aria up by Antlers and Gregory Beach, theres alot of people up there and theres a couple large bridges with ropes attached to them to swing/jump off of near the Lakehead public launch ramp.

Boatmaster
    Check out Rainbow cove across from Obrien Inlet. On the fourth we will have about ten houseboats and 15-20 Daytonas out there. TripleThreat and BK stop by and say hello if your in the Sac arm. Look for me in a 25Eliminator Daytona with twin 300mercs.

Robbie Racer
    Hey Boatmaster, where exactly is Rainbow cove? I see a Rainbow Point across from the O'Brian inlet on my Shasta map but no Rainbow Cove. Would it be the cove just south of Rainbow point that Adler Creek runs into? R/R