Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sandy coves in Havasu

el_jefe
    Seeking info. on where the sandy coves are in Havasu. I have 2 kids(6 & 4), and a nice sandy spot would be ideal for them. Any advice.

THOR
    Good question. I'd like to know as well. I know that there is one just south of Copper Canyon and it has a small sandy beach there. There are some nice beaches all the way up river towards and beyond the sandbar.

Havasu_Dreamin
    We can't give away all of the secret locations!
    There is a place South on the lake on the AZ side called Three Dunes. Pretty easy to spot.
    [ September 17, 2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Havasu_Dreamin ]

BigWaveDave
    Got the perfect cove. On the California side, about directly across from Site 6 on the island there are a series of hills called "Chalk Cliffs". They are easy to identify by the white calcium-like deposits clearly visible from quite a distance. Just about in the center of the Chalk Cliffs is a small-ish cove that is all sand and shallow (waist deep) for about 50 yards from shore. There are pieces of carpet on shore to beach your boat (should you have perfect gel coat on the bottom - I don't) and a CCD trash can which is usually overflowing. Perfect beach for kids and usually will be others with kids there. Will comfortably accomodate 4 or 5 families, more if you're frendly with each other.

BAD AZZ BAJA
    The beaches across from site 6 are really nice to hang out at. You can actually breathe with out all the lake lice fumes you get in the channel. Watch out for the indians that come down the mountain on donkeys though. They will charge you for using their beach but its well worth it.

Laveyman
    BAD AZZ BAJA:
    Watch out for the indians that come down the mountain on donkeys though. They will charge you for using their beach but its well worth it.Okay, I'll be the fool who asks this. You aren't serious, are you?

BAD AZZ BAJA
    Yeah I'm serious. The Chief Indian will drive up on the shore in a pontoon boat. but there are also indians on donkeys too. you see the donkeys sometimes wondering around.

Havasu Cig
    BAD AZZ BAJA:
    Yeah I'm serious. The Chief Indian will drive up on the shore in a pontoon boat. but there are also indians on donkeys too. you see the donkeys sometimes wondering around.I am not buying this story.

BAD AZZ BAJA
    Ok next time your in Havasu drive up to the shoreline and read the sign that is on the beach. Call the number on it and see who answers. They are private coves for rent, i know because we rent them for the big hollidays. Its a fairly cheap way to get away from all the dumbasses.

dkreuzen
    BAD AZZ BAJA's correct, on the California side, from the north end of the lake down to about a mile past the Palms, it's the Chemehuevi Indian Reservation and the signs are there.
    Dennis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast