Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nautical Inn??

SCUBA STEVE
    Can some one tell me what is so good about staying at the nautical inn?
    Spending $300 a night & getting your stuff jacked really doesnt sound too good to me.
    Spending $100 a night and pulling your boat out of the water sounds a lot better.
    [ October 09, 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

bear down
    SCUBA STEVE:
    Spending $300 a night & getting your stuff jacked really doesnt sound too good to me.
    Spending $100 a night and pulling your boat out of the water sounds a lot better. My buddy stood at the Nautical after staying at the queensbay all the time. They stole his subs out of his 26' daytona as it was beached on the water in front of his room. He did say he loved being able to beach his boat at night and liked the bar that they have there. He doesn't worry about $$$$ so cost is not an issue for him but would be for me.

jackpunx
    SCUBA STEVE:
    Spending $100 a night and pulling your boat out of the water sounds a lot better. I didn’t have that experience... But I’m sure it can happen anywhere..
    But this helps
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943sunrise_from_room-med.jpg[/img]
    Now that we purchased a timeshare there.. its only $50 a night any time.. and they have a Jacuzzi in the room..

SCUBA STEVE
    I havent stayed there but have used the beach and the store a few times. I just dont see the attraction. The launch ramp isnt even all that.
    Btw the veiw is nice, but I can get that same view from the balcony at queens bay, or just keep the boat out after dark.
    Jacuzzi, well thats a plus. But who goes to the lake because the room has a jacuzzi.
    The reason for this thread is to see why in the hell they charge so much on the weekends. Are their rooms laced with gold or something?

jackpunx
    Not sure why they charge so much.. But for me the convenience of being water front, having my truck/trailer and ramp all with in 100 feet of me and the accommodations are great.. So far it has been worth it to me.. Just my experience.. I would love to hear others.

gmocnik
    being the only game in town allows them to charge what the market will bear...we stopped staying there many years ago....theft is a constant problem in the cove and in the parking lots, many local morons used to frequent the tiki terrace (and now the naked turtle)and finance their addictions with "shopping sprees" at night...the owner is a complete a-wipe and although the new stuff is o.k. the cockroach infested cove buildings are a disgrace...you asked for opinions....
    it is too bad...being on the water is a great advantage and the potential is there to make that location a world class resort...just won't happen with current management...

TheLurker
    Likes being waterfront but I HATE the territorial disputes in the cove beach over whose boat gets to park where. Goes something like this…I was there first…Yah but you left and I’m here now… But my beach anchor was here…Tough s**t I’m here now! argue And they’re off running at the mouth four letter words a flying.
    I have never had anything stolen from there but that can happen anywhere.
    Have to agree the weekend price is too high but when people go there and pay it they wont reduce the rate.

jackpunx
    FYI
    "
    For the past three decades, the Nautical Inn has been the ultimate resort icon in the Lake Havasu. Now under the guidance of new general manager, Ray Bearnlien, the Nautical Inn is entering a new era in its development. The master plan calls for the continuation of extensive build-out, upgrade and expansion. By year's end, three new beachfront building additions will be complete, including one of these deluxe structures that is earmarked for timeshare sales. The new Nautical Inn is now a reality…and the wait was well worth it.
    "
    this is the link

SCUBA STEVE
    For those who have gotten their stuff jacked, at the prices they charge they should be able to higher some sort of security.
    Beach spots, we'll everyone should know its first come first serve. Even if your sandspike & canopy is left behind.
    [ October 09, 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

jackpunx
    I totally agree with you about the security.. While I was there this past weekend.. I didn’t see anyone that looked like a security guard..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast