Thread: water wheel

BIGTYME
    I was on my way to laughlin this weekend and stopped at a place outside of blythe called water wheel. I really liked it. does anybody stay there? What do the home/lot combos go for? Are they real picky about golf carts and noise like hidden shores?
    [ July 09, 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: BIGTYME ]

water wheel is a cool place. one of my favorite around that area. last weekend i saw a few for sale in the 70,000 range, and those are the cheap ones,You will also have a couple hundred to water wheel every month. There are other resorts in the area as well. i think 70 is for an average place in water wheel. check aha quin its a few miles south of that, similar lay out but not as clean. You can do you what you want at water wheel as far as golf carts and buggies just cant be doing burn outs and stuff, just cruise. good luck

Havasu_Dreamin
    Aha Quin, spent many a weekend as a kid there. How is that palce nowadyas? I have not been back since I was 14 or 15.

SoCal Power
    I have a place at Aha Quin. Spots sell for anywhere from 40K to 150K. There are a few places left that are considered tear-outs. Any mobile home that is over 25 years old, and changes hands, has to be demoed and replaced with something 3 years old or newer. The tear-out spots usually sell for anywhere from 10K to 30K depending on size and location. Park is on indian land. Rent is 210.00/month.
    There is also a 1500.00 admin fee for transfer of ownership. A rip-off but a reality.
    There are not many restrictions there. Pretty cool place and great part of the river.

HighRoller
    SoCal,where is AhaQuin located?I'm very interested in finding out about all these places like Lost Lake,Water Wheel,Aha Quin and some more spots down by Blythe as well as Martinez and other places by Yuma.

SoCal Power
    20 miles north of Blythe on hwy 95, California side of the river.
    I noticed your occupation. Do you work for Top?

HighRoller
    SoCal,I'm independant.I basically go from one location to another asking people if they want some caulk...anyways,I've seen the signs for Water Wheel and Lost Lake,where is Aha Quin in relation to these??Is there a sign on the highway?

SoCal Power
    About 5 miles south of water wheel. There's a sign out front. Actually its on the home page of the Aha Quin site. The entry to the park is pretty ghetto but you can't miss the sign unless you drive by at night..........the light has been burned out for years.
    db

HighRoller
    Sweet,thanks for the info.I'm looking to get to the next level of River Rat-dom and I think these 3 are the best place to start.As long as it has a launch ramp,bar and gas dock it's good enough for me!!!