Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK Bolts fans looks like Brees is gone!

MagicMtnDan
    Signed a 6-year deal with the Saints today.
    Congratulations - your team will be depending on a rookie QB this year. :220v:

GHT
    Wow... Wouldn't have been nicer if you would have poked a hot stick in the Bolt's fans eyes???
    GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!! And F.U. if you don't like them... :crossx:

BarryMac
    From first to worst in their Confrence, SD does it again... :220v: :220v:

XFactor
    Spanos is an IDIOT! How do you let a proven performer go only to rely on a prospect that hasn't proven anything other than he sucks at this point. I guess the Ryan Leaf deal didn't cut deep enough. I feel bad for Rivers. All the fans remember the Leaf deal and now that Brees has been successful, Rivers is going to have a TON of pressure to perform right out of the gate.
    Great move Spanos.
    p.s. They'll still be better than the Raiders :boxed: :yuk: :boxed:

Boat Loan Guy
    I am going to have thank hard about renewing my season tickets after this move.

rvrtoy
    Brees reaches agreement with Saints
    By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer
    March 14, 2006
    AP - Mar 14, 3:07 pm EST
    More Photos
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Free-agent quarterback Drew Brees agreed to a six-year contract Tuesday with New Orleans, providing the Saints with a proven replacement for Aaron Brooks.
    A team spokesman confirmed the agreement to The Associated Press shortly after the Miami Dolphins, who also had been courting Brees, traded for Minnesota quarterback Daunte Culpepper.
    Brees is a bit of question mark after injuring his throwing shoulder with San Diego in the final game of the season. He underwent surgery and said last weekend he will take four or five months to be ready.
    Brooks is expected to be released by New Orleans after his worst season since taking over as the Saints starter in 2000.
    With Brees as their starting quarterback, the pressure is off the Saints to use the No. 2 choice in the draft on Southern California's Matt Leinart, who is expected to be available with Reggie Bush the likely No. 1 selection by Houston.
    New Orleans, which has lost top center LeCharles Bentley and cornerback Fakhir Brown to free agency, could choose another player or dangle their pick as trade bait for teams who covet the opportunity to take Leinart, the 2004 Heisman winner.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Cameras MP3 Players Shoes
    Cell Phones Handbags Laptops
    Saints officials did not immediately discuss details of Brees' new contract or how it may affect their draft plans.
    Brees, who turned 27 in January, has spent his entire five-year career with the San Diego Chargers, throwing for more than 3,000 yards in three of the past four seasons. He led the Chargers to a playoff appearance in 2004.
    The 32nd overall pick in the 2001 draft, Brees struggled in his first few seasons leading the Chargers to trade Eli Manning to the New York Giants for quarterback Philip Rivers on the day of the 2004 draft.
    Rivers spent the past two seasons on the bench as Brees flourished.
    Updated on Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 4:46 pm EST
    I have been a Chargers fan for more than 20 years and now it looks like I need to find a new team!!! I have been VERY disapointed about many moves that the Chargers have made in the past. This just seals the deal!!!

Johnwithjm
    By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer
    March 14, 2006
    AP - Mar 14, 3:07 pm EST
    More Photos
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Free-agent quarterback Drew Brees agreed to a six-year contract Tuesday with New Orleans, providing the Saints with a proven replacement for Aaron Brooks.
    A team spokesman confirmed the agreement to The Associated Press shortly after the Miami Dolphins, who also had been courting Brees, traded for Minnesota quarterback Daunte Culpepper.
    Brees is a bit of question mark after injuring his throwing shoulder with San Diego in the final game of the season. He underwent surgery and said last weekend he will take four or five months to be ready.
    Brooks is expected to be released by New Orleans after his worst season since taking over as the Saints starter in 2000.
    With Brees as their starting quarterback, the pressure is off the Saints to use the No. 2 choice in the draft on Southern California's Matt Leinart, who is expected to be available with Reggie Bush the likely No. 1 selection by Houston.
    New Orleans, which has lost top center LeCharles Bentley and cornerback Fakhir Brown to free agency, could choose another player or dangle their pick as trade bait for teams who covet the opportunity to take Leinart, the 2004 Heisman winner.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Cameras MP3 Players Shoes
    Cell Phones Handbags Laptops
    Saints officials did not immediately discuss details of Brees' new contract or how it may affect their draft plans.
    Brees, who turned 27 in January, has spent his entire five-year career with the San Diego Chargers, throwing for more than 3,000 yards in three of the past four seasons. He led the Chargers to a playoff appearance in 2004.
    The 32nd overall pick in the 2001 draft, Brees struggled in his first few seasons leading the Chargers to trade Eli Manning to the New York Giants for quarterback Philip Rivers on the day of the 2004 draft.
    Rivers spent the past two seasons on the bench as Brees flourished.
    Updated on Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 4:46 pm EST
    I have been a Chargers fan for more than 20 years and now it looks like I need to find a new team!!! I have been VERY disapointed about many moves that the Chargers have made in the past. This just seals the deal!!! Come on now Steve they have been a disapointment for years.

MKEELINE
    Hopefully they won't have to depend on Rivers, who isn't a rookie, to win all the games for them. They do have a few other weapons on offense. What the Chargers really need to do is strengthen their defensive backfield.

rvrtoy
    I hear there is room on the Steelers band wagon!!! :argue:
    I am not a fair weather fan by any means...I even stayed loyal through the Leaf years!!
    The Spanos family sucks!!!! :crossx:

BarryMac
    I hear there is room on the Steelers band wagon!!! :argue:
    I am not a fair weather fan by any means...I even stayed loyal through the Leaf years!!
    The Spanos family sucks!!!! :crossx:
    Hey Steve, it was nice meeting you last Friday...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast