Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elsinore, Castaic, Perris Memorial Weekend?

PlayTime
    Who's where and what days? Trying to decide where to go on sunday or monday.

DickDanger
    My only advice is: you had better get to any of those 3 lakes very early. Last year one of the park rangers at Perris told me that they had 14,000+ people there on Sunday alone. You can count it being the same at the other lakes. -Dick "Keeping his boat dry next weekend" Danger Out

WILD LAVEY
    playtime, alot of peeps usually camp out at local lakes on holidays. you would be better off going for a coastal run. your boat has alot of freeboard so youll be fine.

JustMVG
    You're Kidding right? Going to any of the local lakes on the first big weekend? Sorry i used to do that and it got old fast, every nut who hasen't been out and seems to have forgotten every rule in the book is on the water and usually had a few "refreshments" , now i don't want to take away from those of us who boat frequently, but we have all seen the craziness that comes from the first few weeks of the boating season for those who don't boat often enough. I'm staying home and BBQ'n and watching some racing, for those of you who are heading out, Enjoy the weekend and the traffic, enjoy the folks who'll cut you off at the ramp and hog the dock while waiting for uncle freddy. Enjoy waiting in line to get on the lake while the Gumby in front of you explains why he doesn't have, insert your favorite piece of required safety equipment here, to the Baywatch wanna be at Castaic. Enjoy Enjoy, ENJOY, can't wait to see the stories posted here come Monday night. MVG

Free Agent
    On just a regular weekend Castaic is an hour minimum just to pay, then over an hour minimum to launch,, then another hour to retrieve.
    Add another hour and you could be in Laughlin.
    A cheap room in Bullhead, and launch in Bullhead when the water level rises is the best bet,, avoid So Cali.

JetBoatRich
    Usually pass on these weekends because of the same reasons listed above. This year is no different, going to take the family riding and camp in the desert. Getting to hot to do this much longer. wink
    Have great time and remember to look for the other guy, it is always their fault!

Sandbar Mike
    PlayTime:
    Who's where and what days? Trying to decide where to go on sunday or monday. Playtime I can't believe you posted this????
    Come out to the Memorial Havasu boat and skin show

bordsmnj
    Sheeeiiiit......i think i'm gonna go over to perris or elsinore just to watch the comedy at the lunch ramp. seriously.

PlayTime
    Did I say local lakes this weekend, NO No NO I meant next weekend wink Sorry guys that was the newbie in me trying to get some attention
    Sandbar Mike, I wish I could be at Havasu. Usually do everything to make it. Can't this time though. Boat is getting some work and wont be picked up till Saturday. Can't wait to see that sweet ride you got.
    Hope there some good Movies out this weekend. Please don't bann me from the boards for that last comment won't happen again.

JustMVG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast