Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Boating is About

Lakeshow
    I have a great story from last weekend (6/7,8). I was not there but this is how it was relayed to me.
    A buddy of mine (Howard 26 Cat) broke down next to Site Six on Saturday. BMax Drive broke - believe it or not.
    As he and his family did the cork thing a guy that they had met in the channel came along side. Now, before Saturday they had never met this guy before.
    The guy asks "is there anything that I can say to help?" and then proceeds to tow him to Site Six. It doesn't end there. The guy tosses him the keys to his brand new truck, knowing that my buddy is from Havasu Springs, and says to take it and go get his rig @ the Springs and to leave the keys on the floorboard of the truck when he is finished. Further, the guy tells the rest of the people on my buddies boat to go over to his trailer at the Islander and help themselves to a beer while my buddy is retrieving his rig.
    The guy heads back out on the lake without blinking an eye.
    My buddy heads to the Springs gets his rig while his wife drives the other guys truck back and so goes another broken boat on the lake story.
    I don't know they guys name however, in the channel he was on a Ski Centurion. However, when he came up to them off of Site Six he was in an Eliminator with twin Teague 540's.
    If anybody knows this guy - there are a bunch of us at the Springs that would love to buy him a cold one and let him know how much that was appreciated.
    Sorry for the long post but thought everyone should know that we are surrounded by some pretty decent people on the lake.

LAVEYSABRE575
    great story lakeshow do u have place at the springs...derek

Lakeshow
    LAVEYSABRE575- Yes, we are. I believe that we have mutual friends and I have met you once or twice. I have the DCB 28 (Blue Flames).

Mr.Havasu
    great story!
    That used to happen alot, but you don't see it so much anymore.
    All I've seen at site six lately are the sorry ass f*@k's that sit around laughing at you at the launch ramp.

Eric455
    warlock25:
    great story!
    That used to happen alot, but you don't see it so much anymore.
    All I've seen at site six lately are the sorry ass f*@k's that sit around laughing at you at the launch ramp. I COULDNT OF SAID IT ANY BETTER.
    ERIC

HavasuDreamin'
    My dad and I were just talking about the good ol' days (70's - 80's) and how those days are GONE. It is nice to know that there are a few old school boaters out there.

Doug H.
    by the way that was a great story and hope it re-news faith in most of us but site six is the best comedy hour iv'e seen in years, iv'e even launched thier myself but did not get laughed at (thank god) that is a tough crowd there ready to jump all over ya.. "THE COMMANDER"...doug

Up 4 River
    Lakeshow,
    That is a great story. I have a similar story from last Friday at Havasu. I had brought 4 buddies of mine to the river for the first time and we were launching my boat at windsor aroung 11 am Friday morning. I was having problems with my trim not going down on the Bravo outdrive and was feeling pretty bad about it. A guy named Kenny was backing down his 28 Eliminator with an older single cab chevy and I asked him if he had any ideas about what to do. He called his mechanic back in LA on his cell phone and asked him if he had any ideas. I wound up going into town and was able to fix the problem at Barnicle Bills boat shop about an hour later.
    Kenny offered to take my buddies out on the boat while I got the outdrive fixed and he had never even met any of us. When we got into the channel later that day we flaged him down, and then wound up hanging out with he and his girl all day. We cruised up to the Sandbar, hit up Copper and just hung out while my buddies drank some beers. These are all college buddies of mine from Washington, New Jersey,Colorado, and No. California. Needless to say they were just blown away at the way someone youe don't know would treat you out there, and I told them of the good old days when I was growing up and that's just the way it was.
    When I see Kenny out there again I have some cold ones waiting for him.

91nordic29
    we just towed someone in last week. 3 younger (25) guys in what looked like an old bass/ski boat. they had been rowing for 15 minutes, boats all around, when we got there. it would have taken them all day to get from the dam to the 10 lane ramp (lake pleasant). we couldnt believe no one stopped to help b4 us.
    our good deed came back to us saturday when i was trying to back our trailer down the ramp. now as some of you know by now, i am still learning how to do this without my knees knocking. after my 3rd adjustment (pull up, try again) i looked over and the gal in the truck next to me must have seen the terrified look on my face and said to wait a minute. she pulls her truck/trailer directly in fron of mine, comes back, hops into my truck and in 5 seconds had the thing in the water! i asked her how she learned to do that so well and she said" i'm a farm girl". i sure was glad for her help.

dimarcobros
    It is always good to hear that are still people at the river who understand what boating is all about.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast