Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advantage vs. Kachina...Help?

ecoast
    I am looking at buying either the new 28' Advantage or the 30' Kachina with the 496 HO Mag. Does anyone have an opinion on either boat. I am in South Florida and will be in salt water and am concerned with reliability and service as these companies are out of Az. Any recommendations on storing the boat in the water as well. Any help is appreciated.

rivercrazy
    I'd pick the Advantage. Its a better built boat overall. Also I believe it has a full fiberglass interliner.

Steamin' Rice
    Out of the two you listed, I'd probably pick the Advantage as well.
    Just curious, have you looked at the other west coast builders? There are other west coast boats in the same size range that you are looking at that are very high quality. Also, it seems like there are some builders ot your way that build some good Ocean boats, like Pantera and Active Thunder...

ecoast
    I'm still looking both here and on the west coast. What other west coast builders do you have in mind?

Steamin' Rice
    OK, since you asked.....I recently got a new Shockwave 29' Magnatude and have put about 35 hours on it in the past 6 weeks. About 20 of those hours are in the ocean off the SoCal coast. The boat handles the rough water great and I have not had any issues with it. That is obviously my first pick, but I'm biased of course. You can find more info out at www.shockwaveboats.com (http://www.shockwaveboats.com) or ask me and I'll try to answer questions for you. The guys at Shockwave have been great to deal with and I have received as good or better sevice from them after I picked up the boat.
    Eliminator's 30' Eagle is nice, but pricey and doesn't have as much room as the Shockwave. Hallett has a nice 27' and 30'. DCB's 28 Extreme is nice, but again not as much room as the Shockwave. Lavey Craft has a nice 27 and 29 that seems to work well in the ocean.. When I was shopping, I looked at the boats I listed above and picked the Shockwave ecause of the impression I got from the company and also because of the amount of room on the boat. Some of the other boats may e slightly faster with the same power, but they don't have the same amount of room as the Shockwave so I guess it will depend on your priorities for your boat. My wife can stand up inside the cabin of or boat, and she was not able to do that on any other boat in the 28'-30' size range we were looking at.
    [This message has been edited by Steamin' Rice (edited July 12, 2002).]

Instigator28
    You could check out the Nordic 28 Heat. Here is a little movie clip on the manufacturing process. They do some special things. http://nordicpowerboats.com/video.html

ecoast
    That's the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks. Roominess is at the top of my priority list, so that helps a lot. I'm going to Sonic, Velocity, and Active Thunder tomorrow. Has anyone bought from across country? Pros and cons besides the obvious?

ecoast
    great video clip by the way!!!

ecoast
    Steamin'Rice......
    Just spoke to Barry at Shockwave. We were wondering if had any digital pics of the inside of your boat, both cabin and deck. The website didn't have any. If you do, would you mind e-mailing them to me? I would appreciate it.

Steamin' Rice
    Barry at Shockwave is good guy to deal with...He doesn't really give you any BS, which is nice.
    I don't have any pics of the interior of the boat right now, but I'm going out in it tomorrow and will get some pics and then post or email them....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast