Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad News, PWC's get 30 day extension

burtandnancy
    Thats about it, PWC's have been given a 30 day extension on their ban from Lake Mead from the September 15 deadline...

Mohavekid
    Actually the extension is until November 6.
    The Lake Mead National Recreation Area web site has a press release about the extension as well as a map of the proposed "off limits" to PWC's areas. http://www.nps.gov/lame/index.htm
    For the more cynical of us, could this be the beginning of the end for all boaters?

randy77zt
    anybody that enjoys ANY kind of motorsports should be worried.boats will be next unless you want to run a pontoon boat with an electric trolling motor and a roof made of solar panels.i ride dirt bikes and the tree huggers are nothing but a big pain in the ass.i used to have a hopped up stand up ski but gave up on it cause i coudnt get it to go fast enough.so i got a mirage with a merc 2.5 efi outboard-not much better as far as unburned hc's out the back.i am a member of the blue ribbon coalition.the are lobbying and fighting the tree huggers to keep public land and water open for motorized use.if you have a fast enough boat you can get away from the pwc guys and go some where that they dont hang out at.

maxbowride

I thought they were closing the lakes, am I seeing this wrong?

Boatcop
    You're seeing it correctly. The closed areas in "red", and a no wake zone within 200 yards of shore are the main factors of the PWC management plan that NPS submitted to comply with the "Blue Water Network" lawsuit.
    What this probably means is that Blue Water and NPS have informally agreed on the plan, and are just waiting for the final plan to be officially adopted, expected next spring, at the latest.
    The extension and interim plan still have to be approved by the court of jurisdiction in this matter, but I think it will be just a formality, or else the NPS wouldn't have released this info.

ROZ
    BoatCop,
    The areas marked with the yellow outline say "Wakeless speed 200ft from shore." Seems to me that this would pertain to ALL BOATERS, would it not? The subject is "wakeless speed".
    Just curious....
    Chris

Speedee28
    All types of boating activity are at risk. Just like what is happening to the fishing in the Channel Islands due to the fishing closures. Who would have ever thought we would not be able to sport fish in the ocean. Just think what could happen in the lakes ??
    The PWC ban should not be taken lightly. The tree huggers have millions of $$$ of support and the ability to hire top lawyers to draft legislation, scientists to research and fund political campaigns through their Political Action Committees (PAC).
    Once the train starts to roll there could be no stopping it. We all have to stick together and make sure we protect our right to use our lakes.
    Speedee28

lakesmodified
    burtandnancy:
    Thats about it, PWC's have been given a 30 day extension on their ban from Lake Mead from the September 15 deadline...HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! BURTANDNANCY BITCHING ABOUT PWC'S.... DON'T YOU TWO HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR FREE TIME? FIRST YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TOW THEIR BOATS UNLESS IF THEY CAN GO OVER 70MPH OVER THE PASSES. THEN IT WAS THE TWO MINUTE BOAT LAUNCH. NOW, YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT PWC'S!!!!!!! I JUST HOPE THE GREEN PEOPLE OUT THERE GET THEIR ****ING WAY AND JUST OUTLAW ALL BOATING!!!!! THEN WE CAN HEAR YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT TOO!!!!
    YOU TWO NEED TO GET A ****ING LIFE!!!! OH, ALMOST ****ING FORGOT, YOU'RE ****ING PERFECT!!!!
    [ September 08, 2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: lakesmodified ]

THOR
    I am not sure, but was that a flame?

Lakemead1
    LMAO Thor!
    I saw that other thread, and although I don't agree with the 70 mph thing, I see way too many people getting the boat ready and blocking a lane. It doesn't take us more than a minute or two to launch.
    Although I'm not a fan of lake lice, I don't think they should be banned. I also have no problem with no wake zones 200 feet from all shores for boats AND PWC's. We always go wakeless coming into shore anyway, just common courtesy for those beached/anchored up.
    I don't think even if I was a PWC user I would mind this proposal. It's not that bad! Just a couple of areas they can't go into, which are pretty far from the launch ramps anyways and would be tough for them to get there because it would be such a long haul.
    Greg
    www.lasvegas***boats.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast