Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windsor Beach, Possible Bad News

Little Wood Boat
    I was talking to the Ranger at Windsor this weekend, she mentioned that the state may be doing away with annual launch passes. She said the state felt that there weren't enough people paying and that they may go to a "self-pay" system to get into the park. I took it to mean that you'll have to pay their launch fee every single time you use their ramp. She did also say that if this does happen, they will honor the existing passes until it expires. Anybody have any knowledge on this?
    LWB

TrojanDan
    I'm interested to find out too. That would suck Donkey Balls if it was true. I'll be launching out of Cattail this weekend. I'll ask down there.

Rod-64
    I'll be there Wed.to find out.....**** that.
    8 bucks a pop...I could buy a new boat at the end of the year.

hot_diggity_dog
    The sign at the entrance indicated that it will be going pay per launch 24/7 and it is not in operation to date.
    HDD

cola
    Mine expires in Dec. I'll buy a new one this weekend. We have 55+ launches on this one so it's worth the $75 (that sucks)
    Late, Mike

SCUBA STEVE
    TrojanDan:
    I'm interested to find out too. That would suck Donkey Balls if it was true. I'll be launching out of Cattail this weekend. I'll ask down there. lmao.. not just balls, but donkey balls!

Rod-64
    hot_diggity_dog:
    The sign at the entrance indicated that it will be going pay per launch 24/7 and it is not in operation to date.
    HDD Do you know how that's going to work? Will it be manned 24/7? Or some kind of machine you put money into to raise a gate? So what? Will it be 8 bucks a pop everytime?
    Why do people always got to **** up a good thing? Goddam government bullshit. burningm

TCHB
    Yes I can see it now twenty dollars a weekend. Havasu is becoming orange county by the lake.

ACCEPTENCE
    I'm guessing if it goes to a self pay launch, it will be a twenty four / seven deal.
    It will be some what like Venture Harbor, insert money in the machine and it gives you a slip/receipt which validates your parking and launching. The receipt is for a given amount of time depending on the amount paid.
    The meter maid enforcement is stout too, this is where the city makes it's money, the fines part of the deal.
    BTW...the company contracting, supplying and maintaining the the equipment/machines make a fat grip of cash too!!!
    Kinda makes ya go hummm???

ACCEPTENCE
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE:
    [QB] I'm guessing if it goes to a self pay launch, it will be a twenty four / seven deal.
    It will be some what like Ventura Harbor, insert money in the machine and it gives you a slip/receipt which validates your parking and launching. The receipt is for a given amount of time depending on the amount paid.
    The meter maid enforcement is stout too, this is where the city makes it's money, the fines part of the deal.
    BTW...the company contracting, supplying and maintaining the the equipment/machines make a fat grip of cash too!!!
    Kinda makes ya go hummm???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast