Thread: Rubber hoses are gone

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
    Off with the rubber and on with stainless. HP 500. Remove the circulating pump(what is that for) put on a crossover system. Use stainless hoses. I would like to use AN fitting, not the slip on's, but I will have to live with the slip on because of Mercury Marine, I don't even know what they call that fitting that has a HOSE clamp but shows like an AN fitting. Supper Dave do you have them? Just an old fart complaning Why did I give My V-Drive away

Havasu47
    The recirculating pump is designed to work with the thermostat system to recirculate the water before the thermostat opens and keep temp consistant. If you remove it you will have to run a hose to the crossover from the intake to allow water to recirculate before the thermostat opens. The Therm housing on the late model stuff is stainless and you can weld on ss an fittings and use real hose ends.

tmdog
    The fittings that look like the an type are Spectre fittings and have a clamp . You will find out that you will break the clamp when tightening ss hoses. I removed the ss braiding with a dremel to expose the rubber hose and used the Spectre fitting with good results.