Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Meadow Landing Havasu??

Nubbs
    Anybody go or ever been to Black Meadow Landing? If so, what's the scoop on the place? I hear the water is smoother there. Will my 18' jet boat do ok?
    Thanks
    Nubbs

beached 1
    Yes it is smoother than than the rest of Havasu, but it is Havasu. It really depends on what time of the year you are planning to go. This time of year, it starts to come down a little. November is Optimum. In fact, we are planning to be out at BML the weekend of the 18th and 19th and the 1st of Nov.
    But the people that run the place are certifiable. Just keep that in mind.

Nubbs
    I'm going the weekend of the 18th too. I hope it's not too rough. I've got a dark green lowered ext cab chevy pickup and a red nordic bubbledeck. My engine scoop has a banks power sticker on it. Say hi if you spot me. What will you be in?
    Nubbs

LaveyJet
    beached 1:
    Yes it is smoother than than the rest of Havasu, but it is Havasu. It really depends on what time of the year you are planning to go. This time of year, it starts to come down a little. November is Optimum. In fact, we are planning to be out at BML the weekend of the 18th and 19th and the 1st of Nov.
    But the people that run the place are certifiable. Just keep that in mind. Dude we just keep missing. We'll be at BLM on the 11th, 12th and 13th. Going to Moabi on the 1st, maybe we can hook up then, Sandbar or Channel.
    wink

Coughlin's Law
    secondchance:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by beached 1:
    [qb]
    But the people that run the place are certifiable. Just keep that in mind. "Certifiable". That's an under-statement. They are such a pain in the ass to deal with. Not all the folks there, but most. It's such a pretty place on the lake, I guess they can treat people how ever they want and we'll keep coming back.
    Have fun and be safe!
    Coughlin

1stepcloser
    I have been going there since 1987. more times than I can remember. I'ts my personal favorite place. The water directly in front of the place is rather rough, all the damn lice...but between there and havasu springs to the east is usually very nice, the skiers usually hang there, and the area between Havasu palms to the west and BML, about a 4 to 5 mile run, is usually really calm. Lots of good water to run in. you can pick up a race or two there as the afternoon wanes. wink
    Long as you have some freeboard, you should be pretty safe at that end of the lake.
    A warning though, if you venture up past Havasu palms, maybe to hit up the channel, be very careful, as that area gets pretty rough on the weekends, particularly from Copper Canyon to the no wake zone. Stay on the throttle, dont come off plane till you hit the no wake zone.

1stepcloser
    One more thing, regarding the personnel there...
    If you treat them with respect and courtesy, they will usually be pretty cool....
    The thing is, they dont want any trouble, at all, in the park.
    Therefore, it seems, they view everyone that gives them the slightest amount of grief, as an immediate troublemaker, and the problem escalates.
    Yeah, they are a bunch of wackos, but I think its the best place on the lake...overall.

BOBALOO
    I was there 2 weeks ago and I agree the personnel there are a little/LOT wacko. If we werent with some friends that knew the owners they wouldnt have let us in. One warning,DO NOT DRIVE PAST THE FIRST STOP SIGN,or you will be SHOT! Other than the park Nazi's it is cool.

beached 1
    Nubbs,
    we'll look for you. I have a red and white Spectra20. We usually rent one of the mobile homes in the back.

Secondchance,
    I will also be out n Havazoo that sme weekend you will be! We'll be up at the London Bridge resort for the PWC World Finals, but will be bringin the boat as well. PM me your cell. Mine hasn't changed if you still have it. Let's kill a few silvers! I want a ride in that new Lavey!

j-rod
    also the ramp is steep and short we had to lift Bobaloo's trailer up cuz it went past the concrete slab, and no problem with a lowered truck I drive mine in Lowered 6" in front and 8' in the rear but the road is not the best pretty bouncy cuz of pot holes but alot better than when it was not paved (only a couple of years ago)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast