Thread: "Rumor" New Dam Near Topock

Floatin'
    I have heard this "RUMOR" for a few years now and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about building a new dam down river from Topock by "Ski Beach" at the mouth of the Gorge. Supossedly to keep the water level consistant around Laughlin and Needles.
    [ June 16, 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Floatin' ]

hd&boatrider
    Floatin':
    I have heard this "RUMOR" for a few years now and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about building a new damn down river from Topock by "Ski Beach" at the mouth of the Gorge. Supossedly to keep the water level consistant around Laughlin and Needles. Never heard that before. Where did you hear this RUMOR at?

Floatin'
    Well it is only a rumor but a friend of a friend that works at the gas plant at the I-40 river crossing (by the way the gas company is said to be a hugh land owner in that area)said something to someone one time about the political pressure being put on the people in charge of the water flow and they heard that a dam would be built at the mouth of the gorge within the next 10 years, because the stretch of river from the Parker dam to the Davis dam is the longest stretch of river on the colorado and they need a water control dam, I don't know any more than that, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything like this.
    [ June 16, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Floatin' ]

Boatcop
    Not true. No plans to build any more Dams on the Colorado River.
    Remember that the River in that area is in a Federal Wildlife Refuge.

Floatin'
    BoatCop, I am glad to hear that. That is my favorite part of the river and I would hate to lose it.