Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Public launch in LHC discussed

hd&boatrider
    Contact Point Options Studied
    Public boat launching ramp, other recreational projects being discussed
    By Brian Wedemeyer
    Federal, state and local officials are discussing a proposal to build a public boat ramp and other recreational facilities near Contact Point in Lake Havasu City.
    The coordinated effort would involve the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Arizona State Parks Department, the Chemehuevi Indian Tribe and Lake Havasu City.
    In addition to the boat ramp, the project also would include an access road from State Route 95, restrooms and a concession area, according to a press release issued Tuesday.
    The proposed site is located on property owned by Arizona State Parks as well as public land administered by BLM.
    The agencies involved are reviewing funding options to support the facility. BLM also is attempting to determine what type of authorization is required to complete the project.
    A new Resource Management Plan for the BLM Lake Havasu Field Office is scheduled for completion in late 2005. The agencies are exploring the possibility of starting the project outside the planning process.
    “This group will make no definite determinations while in the planning stages,” said Rick Knotts, western regional manager for State Parks, in a prepared statement. “Information will be made available to the public regularly as the group reviews the viability of this project.”
    Knotts said public comment would be solicited during the initial stages if the project is deemed appropriate.
    There are currently three public boat ramps in Lake Havasu City — Site Six, Lake Havasu State Park (Windsor Beach) and Lake Havasu Marina. Some are forced to close on busy summer weekends due to crowding.
    You may contact the reporter at bwedemeyer@havasunews.com.

Cole Sanger
    They need a big one like they have at Lake Pleasant. It's something like 25 lanes wide with tons of parking. Not like site six, where last I checked had only 3 wide. On a big weekend site six had a line a couple miles long.

91nordic29
    lake pleasant has a 10 lane launch and a couple 3 - 4 laners. rarely have to wait more that 5 mins. it is great.

26offshore
    91 NORDIC 29 SHOW US A PICTURE OF YOUR MUG

Danhercules
    If you want to see a "picture" of her, first off, I would not be yelling at her (caps), and second ask for a picture, not her (MUG).
    Just my .02

Trailer Park Casanova
    Cole Sanger:
    They need a big one like they have at Lake Pleasant. It's something like 25 lanes wide with tons of parking. Not like site six, where last I checked had only 3 wide. On a big weekend site six had a line a couple miles long. Long overdue.
    I'd wager it'd pay for itself within a very short time.

91nordic29
    Danhercules:
    If you want to see a "picture" of her, first off, I would not be yelling at her (caps), and second ask for a picture, not her (MUG).
    Just my .02 thank you, dan. chivalry is not dead.
    why do you want to see a picture??

26offshore
    DANHERCULES
    two words BUTT-KISSER

91nordic29
    okay, danhercules.

Essex502
    Where is Contact Point?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast