Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colorado River is Low

RiverToysJas
    News Flash:::
    They just reported on KTLA News that the Colorado River is at an all time low, since they've been keeping records. They said water usage cuts could be coming to the LA area.
    RTJas

beached1
    So I guess we won't be seeing too much of the 30' Scarabs racing down the Parker strip this season? Damn!

HBjet
    No, just 29 and 34 foot Magics
    HBjet

Liberator TJ1984
    You could always drive down here !! all our Lakes are flooded out the ass !! hang out with us and party...then before ya leave everyone could fill their boats up with water so you'll have water at home!!!!

HOSS
    Yeah, and buy new axles for trailer this winter.

KC
    launching at Windsor this past weekend, I pushed the boat off the trailer and walked it over to the docks in waist deep water. didn't lower the prop until beyond the "no-wake" markers.
    KC

HavasuDreamin'
    KC:
    launching at Windsor this past weekend, I pushed the boat off the trailer and walked it over to the docks in waist deep water. didn't lower the prop until beyond the "no-wake" markers.
    KCWow, I have never seen it that low. Guess that is why RTJ said it is at an all time low! wink

Havasu_Dreamin
    The flow report can be found here.

2LKHVSU
    If you think it is low now. The flow report says it is going to drop another foot and a half starting August 5th.
    A couple years ago, the water was so low the only place to launch was site six. Keep this in mind if you get to the marina or Windsor, and it is closed.
    Good Luck

grog
    I hate to say it... but you better enjoy it while it's there. Here in CO, it's hard to find a lake that has water in it - all used up because of the drought. Everything is low (including the CO River) or drying up... sucks big time.
    Hopefully we'll get some big snow this year... that will help. As it stands now, the experts say it will take several years to regain what has been depleted... if we get it.
    Hell, I'd be happy with just some rain once in a while. Too hot - too many fires.
    Ok, enough bitchin...
    g

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast