Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu Sandbar

Rod-64
    Excatly how far up from the Widsor beach launch ramp is the Sandbar. I always went the Copper Canyon direction and never went the other way. Want to check it out this weekend. Thanx

maxbowride
    nine miles from the ramp

Livin Large 27Hallett
    New guy, his first post. Welcome to the club Rod-64

SmartMoney
    Rod 64....you have to head up towards the sandbar thru the gorge area. Make sure you keep going past the sandbar...it get's even better. It's beautiful and different then the copper canyon area. You'll love it - the ride and sites are great!!! Have fun

Licketty Split
    About the same as going to CC around the island. If your boat draws alot of draft stay on the west side of the river untill you pass the shawlows, If you have a jet you can haul ass on the east side, the water is always like glass wink

Charley
    Or you could launch in needles and not worry about water depth going down to the sandbar.... the scenery goin through Topock gorge is beautiful....not to mention the scenery at the Sandbar.....damn did I say that? hehe

riverracerx
    see ya there!

OC-PARTYCAT
    whats the story at the entrance to the river off of havasu? Last time I went up to the sand bar, I was hauling ass down river entering havasu..I drove past a boat, looked over and there was a guy standing about knee deep in the water half way across the river. I just kept her on a plane and hopped I didnt hit the bottom. Is there an area that I shouldnt be in at the entrance. Should I stay to the AZ side of the river.

Little G
    OC-PARTYCAT:
    whats the story at the entrance to the river off of havasu? Last time I went up to the sand bar, I was hauling ass down river entering havasu..I drove past a boat, looked over and there was a guy standing about knee deep in the water half way across the river. I just kept her on a plane and hopped I didnt hit the bottom. Is there an area that I shouldnt be in at the entrance. Should I stay to the AZ side of the river.The middle path between the weeds has always been good for us. Once you get past the first weeds on the left just hug the weeds on the right and then just head towards the sign on the california side of the river.

maxbowride
    how deep
    check out this thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast