Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Info on semi truck & 3 car crash Friday @LHC

PowellScooter
    In Saturdays Arizona Republic there is a story saying a semi hit 3 passenger cars on Az 95 in Havasu and there were 6 fatalities. The storie goes on to say the rig was owned by Mohave County.

got river?
    Boat Cop has a posting on it on the Sandbar section.

Chaddyshack
    PowellScooter:
    In Saturdays Arizona Republic there is a story saying a semi hit 3 passenger cars on Az 95 in Havasu and there were 6 fatalities. The storie goes on to say the rig was owned by Mohave County.PS,
    I'm not sure where the truck is from, but sorry to say that they 4 of them were friends.
    Preliminary reports indicate that the semi crossed the center divide and struck the first vehicle which caused it to go head on with the second, killing the driver of both the second vehicle and the truck driver. The semi then jacknifed causing the third vehicle to hit it broadside and burst into flames. The impact instantly killed Deputy Scott Noll, Laurali Noll and their 2 children instantly.
    I'm sorry to say that this sad news has impacted our agency greatly. Deputy Noll and his wife both worked at the Encinitas Sheriff's Station and were loved by all. Deputy Noll was also part of our SWAT team and they are taking this very hard.
    I will have more to follow on services and memorial funds.
    Chad

Boatcop
    Chad,
    Sorry to hear that it was some of our own that perished. Pleas pass condolences to your Sheriff and staff from me and the Officers of the La Paz County Sheriff's Office.
    Here's the Article in the Havasu News.
    Havasu News - Fatal Crash
    Please let me know where donations may be sent.

Chaddyshack
    Alan....here is our Sheriff's statement:
    We are sad to announce the tragic deaths of Encinitas Patrol Deputy Scott Noll, his wife Laurali also of the Encinitas Patrol Station, and their two young children, Ashley 7 years old and 5 years old Brandon.
    The Nolls were returning from a family vacation at Lake Havasu, Arizona when an out of control semi-truck crossed the center line striking two other vehicles before colliding with the Noll's vehicle.
    Scott began his career in 1994 at the old Central Jail before transferring to the Encinitas Patrol Station where he has worked for the past four years. He recently completed the SED SWAT Academy where he earned the nickname "Rock" by his SED Teammates for being a solid guy. He was assigned to the Special Response Team (SRT) and was recently appointed Training Officer for the Encinitas Station. Scott is a Honor's graduate from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts. Laurali began her career with the Sheriff's Department in 1999 at the Encinitas Station and promoted to Administrative Secretary II where she served as the secretary to the station Commander. Laurali was a graduate of San Dieguito High School in Encinitas and later graduated from San Diego State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism.
    Scott and Laurali were very active in their church, the North Coast Church in Vista. Both Scott and Laurali were involved with the church choir, the Video Cafe, and the kid's Praise and Worship. They are survived by Scott's parents Vern and Patricia Noll of Leavenworth, Kansas and Laurali's parents Michael and Elyse Kennan of Fountain Valley, California.
    At this time funeral arrangements are still being formulated and will be announced at the earliest opportunity. The Undersheriff has authorized the wearing black bands across uniform badges and flags at all Sheriff's facilities to be flown at half staff from now through the day of the services.

NashvilleBound
    Chad, I am sorry to hear ANYONE (emp:bc) died. Especially since they were your friends. They went to North Coast Church and I think I knew them too, as that is where we go. Let me know if there is anything I can do like contacting the church. They will want to help..... Jeff aka NashvilleBound

locogringo
    You have our condolences also. It makes it all the more tragic when childrens lives are taken

24RODjr
    I don't even know the words. I'm sorry for all.
    -Chris

Elsinore Cop
    My condolences. My department (Riverside County Sheriff) borders with San Diego and works with them often.

JetBoatRich
    Prayers are with the rest of the family. To loose a whole family is heart breaking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast