Thread: Lake Whitney- Texas ??

Movin Violation
    Thinking about checking this lake out. Anyone have any information on this lake?

TX19
    Whitney is a good lake. Most hang out on the north end, from Plowman on north up into the river about as far as you can go.
    There is usually a big "get together" on Labor Day week end at Plowman but I have not heard anything for sure this year.
    I haven't heard yet if anyone is going up on the Fourth of July.
    I don't know any of the crowd that goes there regularly, but there is a group that goes up on special occasions.
    When I was last there on Memorial Day, the lake was down about three feet but I think it is up a bit now. I would be careful on the river until you learn where all the stumps and sand bars are.
    I would expect a little trash coming down the river with the rains of the last few days.

pgf127rt
    Movin Violation:
    Thinking about checking this lake out. Anyone have any information on this lake? MV, as of this morning Whitney is about 6.5 feet below normal, which is not a problem in the area from the Kimbell Bend bridge to the dam, north from Kimbell to the island you need to be careful or follow someone who knows the river as TX19 said there are stumps, sandbars and rocks if you do not know where to go, this is a large lake and is navigable to -12 feet below normal, just more challenges at lower levels.

Movin Violation
    Thanks guys. I'll be venturing off there this weekend. Looks like I'll have some things to watch out for. Sure as hell don't want to trash my boat.

cookieman
    Hey Movin Violation why notcom to Granbury Lake is full. We go to sandy beach or up the river to tin top. Both are pretty good party spots. Girls a little more exposed at the river. Lot's of big boats at sandy beach. Most everyone hangs out there until dark then goes up the lake to the marina for more socializing. Let me iknow will be glad to give directions. Bill (cookieman)