Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to go near Ft Worth

Nitro Neil
    I have moved to Texas from Ca, Or area.We had places like Camp Far West, Berresa etc.Where does everybody hang out near Ft Worth? pig_flyi

EXTRMBT
    Welcome to Texas Nitro Neil. Never lived there but I have family that lives in your neck of the woods (Corinth and Watauga).You might want to try Eagle Mountain, and Lake Lewisville. Been on them both, Lake Lewisville is like Havasu but a little more tame but the boats aren't. Good party cove around the 35E bridge. I'll get some more info from my father in law and I'll PM you with more Lakes. What size boat?

beaverfab
    Welcome what kind of boat and what are you looking for. Party lake Lewisvill, Real nice water some fast boats Brazos river, Big water Lake Texoma. Let me know what you are looking for and I will try to help. j.j.
    [ July 31, 2003, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: beaverfab ]

OldFaithful Squirter
    You need to hook up with Cookieman & Big Daddy & Snowman in the Fort Worth Area. In fact the first weekend in October Gary (Snowman) Snow puts on a gathering at Lake Whitney every year. They will have folks from Oklahoma, Del Rio, South Texas you name it??? We have a couple of rallies each year as well in South Texas (JetFest 2003 Hot Boat Rally planned for August 30th,31st Labor Day weekend on Lake Corpus Christi, expecting over 50 boats to attend so if your interested shoot me an email at kcraven@diwmsi.com for more info. Till then we will Jet'cha Later, Kelly

Badboat1
    Give me a call at the shop 817-297-3004 or at home it is in the profile..
    BB1

sanger mike
    what about possum kingdom lake. I spent alot of time there as a kid with my grandparents. I'll never forget hell's gate.

Rocket2003
    Welcome to Texas! I live about 2 hours East of Dallas on I-20 (Behind the Pine curtain) land of lakes and trees! Check out where we hang out!
    What kind of boat ya got? Got any pictures? click here for Reunion Harbor

cookieman
    Hey Nito Neal Welcome to the DFW area. We have few jetboaters going to show up on the Brazos river at Tin-Top on this Sunday. There are lots of place here in the DFW area that you can boat on, but a lot will determine what kind of boat that you have. If you have a jetboat then the river is a good place to run..if a bigger boat any of the area lake would be good. I live In Granbury which is about 35 mi SW of Fort Worth. Most of us jettters go up the river to Tin-top. There usually a lot of boats up there on the weekends. We would be glad to give you directions just give us a call 817-713-0153. We are planning a bunch of us local guys going to show up this Sunday around noon to 2. Give us a call, join in the a the Floatin' soakin' and sippin' suds, and of course the BS about Boats. TTUL Bill (cookieman)

Nitro Neil
    I have a jet boat.19 ft Tahiti with a 425 Olds, with some help from Mondello.Good come back on the hang out question.Those lakes all sound familar.we lived here once before.My mom lives in Benbrook and I live in Ft Worth by I 35 and 287.Thanx for the response.See ya soon.

eaglemtnlaketx
    Welcome to Texas. Give Eagle Mountain a try. 4 or 5 restaurants on the lake with docks to tie up to. Its the only lake in the area with homes around it. Possom Kingdom is good to. You would think that Eagle Mtn would be packed with boats on the weekend but it really isn't. It surprises me that more people don't participate in the fun of the lakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast