Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Deputy Webb who shot unarmed airman changed his story!

MagicMtnDan
    Originally told his sergeant that "the suspect tried to attack him." Then, four days later, after seeing the video tape, he changed his story and said he thought he was going for a gun.
    ---------------
    A sheriffÂ’s deputy who was videotaped shooting an unarmed Iraq War veteran after a car chase will be charged with attempted voluntary manslaughter, authorities said Tuesday.
    The decision to charge Deputy Ivory J. Webb, 45, was announced by San Bernardino County District Attorney Michael A. Ramos.
    Sheriff Gary Penrod said Webb will remain on paid administrative leave during the investigation into the shooting of Air Force Senior Airman Elio Carrion, 21.

wsuwrhr
    I don't know if that is true, but if it is....
    Funny, just like I said, a video camera is LE's worst nightmare.
    Brian
    Originally told his sergeant that "the suspect tried to attack him." Then, four days later, after seeing the video tape, he changed his story and said he thought he was going for a gun.
    ---------------
    A sheriffÂ’s deputy who was videotaped shooting an unarmed Iraq War veteran after a car chase will be charged with attempted voluntary manslaughter, authorities said Tuesday.
    The decision to charge Deputy Ivory J. Webb, 45, was announced by San Bernardino County District Attorney Michael A. Ramos.
    Sheriff Gary Penrod said Webb will remain on paid administrative leave during the investigation into the shooting of Air Force Senior Airman Elio Carrion, 21.

LOWRIVER2
    Actually,
    The majority of us cops WANT cameras in our cars. Studies by department's who put them in show that public complaints against officers dropped by 50% or more when they found out they (civilians) were on camera. The truth is in the tape, for better or worse.
    It's pure comedy any time someone want's to beef me over a contact/arrest I made with them and I pull out my audio tape of the incident. Too bad there's no fine for lying.
    This post is ONLY to address cameras in police cars, not the specific incident in this thread.

MRSDRMCAT
    Actually,
    The majority of us cops WANT cameras in our cars. Studies by department's who put them in show that public complaints against officers dropped by 50% or more when they found out they (civilians) were on camera. The truth is in the tape, for better or worse.
    It's pure comedy any time someone want's to beef me over a contact/arrest I made with them and I pull out my audio tape of the incident. Too bad there's no fine for lying.
    This post is ONLY to address cameras in police cars, not the specific incident in this thread.
    Very true....recordings have saved me in the past also! I've had people make crazy accusations and then they pull the tape and completely false!

GHT
    ---------------
    Why was the Airman running from the cops?

Waldo
    Why was the Airman running from the cops?
    He wasn't running from the cops...it's the case where he was a passenger in a high speed chase, after the chase he was sitting by the car, cop told him to get up (he started to), and then the cop shot him 3x.

Havasu Cig
    Actually,
    A guy I worked with won 5k from a person he had stopped who had filed a false I.A. complaint. They went to civil court and the Deputy produced an audio tape that showed the person was lying and the judge awarded him 5k.

LOWRIVER2
    Approximately four years ago, the C.A. in LA county stopped suing those who filed false complaints for the most part.
    It's been a see saw as for cops trying to sue on their own in civil cases. Most of my fake beefs were minor and over what I said or the tone in which I talked to somone.
    Any of the gross "excessive force" false claims "fell on their face" outright as no evidence of injury existed in the first place to back the claim.

MagicMtnDan
    I'm curious, where's the "you-haven't-seen-the-whole-video" guy now that the deputy changed his story?

Biglue
    And another thing. If I focked up at work and was to be away from my duties, it would be nice to continue to have a paycheck and sit on my ass. There is another rant.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast