Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Rockford Il. guys here?

HPjunkie
    Just thought I'd ask. Maybe a Hoooters thing needs to be done this winter? Mississippi River shootout? Greg

K3-River-Rat
    I'm just a little ways south of you not too far from Champ/Urbana

Blown509Liberator
    HP
    I am over here just to your left Live off the Chain o lakes....
    MikeW

kphayes
    Crystal Lake, reporting in.
    Blown509-Didn't get a chance to see you on the Chain this summer, maybe next year.

K3-River-Rat
    Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays??

P-Money
    I'm in DeKalb during the week, but I boat in Beloit. I've been down to Blarneys a few times, I think now that I got the boat back together, I may try to run down there a few times this coming summer. Hauling the boat from Beloit to Grass Lake for a few runs though seem borderline worth it.

Unchained
    K3-River-Rat:
    Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays?? I raced there once in August and had a great time. Won a couple hun too. Clown races there every week. It's an 800' strip. Next time I'm going to bring some lights with batterys so I can stay later after dark. Its a major party after the race.

K3-River-Rat
    Unchained:
    K3-River-Rat:
    Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays?? I raced there once in August and had a great time. Won a couple hun too. Clown races there every week. It's an 800' strip. Next time I'm going to bring some lights with batterys so I can stay later after dark. Its a major party after the race.This major party you are referring to is on Thursday night?? I have not made it up there yet a]A hand full of us hot rod boaters were supposed to go up there late this summer but we never made it Next year for sure! I've heard a lot of stories about all the hot women at Blarney How is it on the weekends??

kphayes
    We try to make it every Thursday. Blarney's is ok on the weekends but definitly better on Thursday nights (usually). After Blarney's on Thursdays, alot of people head south on the chain and go down to Famous Freddies. Lots of chicks on the outside deck and in the dance club upstairs.

Backtanner
    Me and my buds from work stopped in at Freddy's for a "quick bite and one beer" before the races. Three baskets of ribs and two hot wings later, we showed up at Blarney's just in time to see the last racers take off to go home. Next season I hope to have my boat out here. Although not a racer I think she'll show up most of the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast