Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone goin to the Shootout?

buck183
    There's a lot of talk on two other forums I frequent about attending the annual Shootout @ LOTO.
    For such a hotbed of performance minded boaters I'm surprised I haven't seen mention of it here.
    Is there a group of people that will be attending? If so, reply. Looks to be quite of few boats going from the other two forums.
    Buck

burbanite
    buck183:
    For such a hotbed of performance minded boaters I'm surprised I haven't seen mention of it here.
    Buck I hope you know that this is a West Coast forum, what are you thinking...
    Actually, I have tried to do this a couple of times. Several things have stood in my way..
    1. My boat would sink outside the no wake zone.
    2. My engine is broken.
    3. My work schedule is f**ked up.
    Hope to do it one day.

buck183
    burbanite,
    Sounds like you've got a lot standing in your way. LOL That one about sinking outside the No Wake zone it a whopper. It can get hairy there.
    Yeah, I know it's pretty much left coasters in here. Been saying that for a long time now. I've come to realize if you don't live West of the Rockies you're opinion or posts don't matter much in here. Oh well? wink I'm married and used to that.
    It would be nice to meet up with some people from the board at the Shootout.
    We'll probably do the usual Big Dick's run on Friday afternoon and shoot the minnow. Friday night is usually at the Horny Toad. Saturday will be well spent at the infamous Party Cove. Saturday night is usually dinner at one of the many on water restaurants. (do they have those at Havasu? LOL) Saturday night at Shooters to see all the race hardware and chrome. What a site. Sunday watch the Shootout. Some will spend another day at Party Cove again. (for good reasons)
    Buck
    [ July 28, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

superV
    There has been a few threads on this and there will be several peeps going from this board just have to wait till it gets closer! But one thing is for sure i will be there

dorC
    Damn hillbillie rednecks should stay in the hills!

ONAROLL
    dorC,
    Hillbilly Rednecks?, well you gotta be talking to me, born in Torrance CA, raised in Palm Desert Ca, lived and ran boats in San Diego and Oceanside, got into Jets in Oregon, moved to and currently live in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, I have 5 fast boat friendly lakes, without noise regulations, within 40 mins of my home, LOTO a couple hours away, I dont have theft problems at the ramps, gangland wantabees, asshole lake patrol, my kids are safe in the swimming area without fear of of some ****ing nut in a powerboat ripping them to shreds, you can start in Kindergarten and finish your Masters right here in the "Hills" and comments from some unknown asshole like you get under my skin quick...just my .02

buck183
    ONAROLL:
    dorC,
    Hillbilly Rednecks?, well you gotta be talking to me, born in Torrance CA, raised in Palm Desert Ca, lived and ran boats in San Diego and Oceanside, got into Jets in Oregon, moved to and currently live in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, I have 5 fast boat friendly lakes, without noise regulations, within 40 mins of my home, LOTO a couple hours away, I dont have theft problems at the ramps, gangland wantabees, asshole lake patrol, my kids are safe in the swimming area without fear of of some ****ing nut in a powerboat ripping them to shreds, you can start in Kindergarten and finish your Masters right here in the "Hills" and comments from some unknown asshole like you get under my skin quick...just my .02 LOL! Well said ONAROLL. I've never really thought of it that way. I do see people posting on hear bitching about stuff getting stolen and vandalized quite frequently. It's something I've never worried about. Just don't have to deal with it. Not to mention, I think there's a small difference in the cost of living too. Can't remember ever seeing anyone gang related at the lake either. Never had anyone murdered at any of the lakes I go to. (I would guess we frequent the same lakes from the looks of it) Never had anything said to me about my boat being too loud. Never had to worry about my vehicles passing smog tests. I can go offroad anywhere I want to without having permits or getting ticketed. Must suck to have so much regulation to live under. I doubt anyone that could sit behind a computer screen and say something like that would have enough balls to come out and say it to some of the good ol boys anyway. What do you think ONAROLL? Maybe he should spend an evening in Kenwood, OK with some of our native bretheren. LOL
    Anyway, let's get back on subject. Anyone else going to the Shootout?
    Buck
    [ July 29, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

Infomaniac
    dorC:
    Damn hillbillie rednecks should stay in the hills! What brought that on?
    We better stay in the hills. dorC is probably the reason for all the recent posts in the sandbar with similar subjects lately.

ONAROLL
    lol.....I know Kenwood, Im sure we have to travel the same lakes, I know Info's boat, what kind and color have you got, I'll look for it and spring for beers..........

Sea Esta
    Laughing pretty good....My boat sits on the water 365/24/7. I've had one problem in all the years we've been there. SOme took our towels off the line in the slip. We hunted them down and found them. Once they left and gave us our towels back, we realized we got more towels than they took. Hmmmm, wonder who's towels they gave us....
    We'll be at the Shootout. Probably will hit BigDick's Friday as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast