Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The water is returning to North Carolina !!!

76 Sleekcraft
    After cutting the grass at the end of my floater all summer, now the water is finally coming back to High Rock Lake! At one time it was measuring 25 feet down, which made it a barren wasteland, it now is less that 4 feet below full pond. Now, if Alcoa doesnt drop the bottom out this week, the jet boat will be blastin on Saturday. Finally I'll get to use our place at the lake, just in time to winterize it!

DaveA
    Well, that's just groovy. Water in Dry Rock Lake again!
    We need that 1-3 inches of rain you guys are supposed to get tonite. I still can't get the boat off the lift, and am having to mow the beach.
    DaveA

76 Sleekcraft
    Maybe you will get the tuesday and wednesday rain.
    The floater was floating. It would be nice to launch before winter. Maybe LKN will rise to the occasion.

DaveA
    Hey Sleek,
    See if you can get a look at this article:
    "Coalition's goal: Keep lake high
    Seeks stable levels on High Rock"
    http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/4385544.htm
    It's in yesterday's Charlotte 'Disturber'
    Didn't know if you were aware of this; We need to do the same thing to Duke Power down here on Norman.
    DaveA

76 Sleekcraft
    Hey man, thanks for the info!
    Right now, the lake is higher that it has been in 2 summers. I can launch my boat and tie it up at my pier. Alcoa is pretty powerful, we will have to wait to see what happens. My father lives on Lake Tillery, and it is always full and hardly ever crowded. Thats the place to go. CP&L manage that lake.

DaveA
    Hey Sleek,
    How's thangs in ol' Chair City? The water's up just enough to get the I/O off the lift so I can warm it up, put it back on the lift, change the oil, fog it, and take out the battery. Crap.
    Did you spend any time on Tillery growing up? Like 20+ years ago? My Raysoncraft spent alot of its life down there. Butch Cook at the marina knows its background and the former owner quite well.
    I didn't realize that Reddy Ripoff -er- Reddy Kilowatt (CP&L) managed Tillery. We used to have a deer lease on the east side of it years ago and I was amazed at the clear water and smooth rock bottom where we were (I was used to High Rock ). Back when I was a kid, Dad and I used to take the boat into the coves that bordered the lease in order to put out salt blocks in the summer.
    DaveA

76 Sleekcraft
    My dad lives on Tillery. His house (driveway) is right across the street from Butch's Marina.
    I did not go to tillery until about 7 years ago when my Dad moved there.
    I grew up on High Rock (Dry Rock). We had a place there from 1958 until 1987. Then a buddy bought one. I bought my place last year, so I have been there since I was 3 yrs old.
    It is almost full pond. I had the jet out weekend before last, and last night I had to pull the engine.
    I now need to sell my Waveventure in order to build the motor and jet drive.
    It never ends.....

syke-o
    water would be a welcome sight for sure

Barry1784
    Maybe next year you will see the yellow eliminator back at High Rock. I burned a lot of gas traveling to LKN this summer. It sure would be nice to hang out there again.
    Barry

DaveA
    Hey Barry,
    Since you're in Clemmons, didn't there used to be an Eliminator dealer there years ago? Whatever happened to them?
    You probably know Paul Freer- he's a neighbor of mine down here.
    DaveA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast