Thread: I need some help

miketsouth
    I have a 454 in my basement that i took apart several months ago and want to put back together.
    I know about keeping the parts seperate so i put them in bags and labled them for each cylinder.
    The lifters and cam were still in good shape and in each bag i put in smaller bags labeled 'E' for exhaust parts and 'I" for intake parts, where i put the rockers, valves, lifters, etc. along with the pistons, rod caps, etc for that cylinder
    The problem came when i got to one bag i forgot to put a line under it so i dont know if it is a 6 or a 9. Is there any way to find out?
    [ August 08, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: miketsouth ]

HammerDown
    Nope...what you could do is just buy 2 new lifters for that motor at any auto parts store. I've done that when I mixed one up.
    New lifter/used Cam = ok. Wrong (used)lifter for that lobe = not good.
    If your not positive don't chance it.
    [ August 08, 2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Mrs. WetDream
    wrong person
    [ August 08, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Mrs. WetDream ]

Wet Dream
    Do you have 9 cylinders? idea

miketsouth
    You pretty smart. It was a joke. I hoped to catch a lot of people with it and get a lot of feedback about various things.
    I saw this originally on a MOPAR board and the best answer that i saw was "go down the street and ask the Chevy guys where you bought your weed"
    That was good Tab, you saw right thru it. Tell Bill and the kids i say hey. Me and Teri shure had a good time. I just cant thank Bob enough for having us over. I have not stopped telling the story of people that didnt bring their boats because they 'didnt want to get them wet'. That was the roughest water i have ever run my boat in, and that hat was not worth $50,000.
    mike

fat rat
    Wet Dream:
    Do you have 9 cylinders? idea You may not have 9.......but you could have 10(mopar/ford) or maybe 12(Alison)!

miketsouth
    within 5 minutes of this post several people called me or left me messages with the real intent of assisting me with a problem.
    You know who you are.
    I wont forget that. I was dumfounded, no shit. You are QUALITY people. A preponderance of the evidence. Please forgive me for calling 'fire' it was ment as humor.

miketsouth
    miketsouth:
    You pretty smart. It was a joke. I hoped to catch a lot of people with it and get a lot of feedback about various things.
    I saw this originally on a MOPAR board and the best answer that i saw was "go down the street and ask the Chevy guys where you bought your weed"
    That was good Tab, you saw right thru it. Tell Bill and the kids i say hey. Me and Teri shure had a good time. I just cant thank Bob enough for having us over. I have not stopped telling the story of people that didnt bring their boats because they 'didnt want to get them wet'. That was the roughest water i have ever run my boat in, and that hat was not worth $50,000.
    mike Ok it was you Wet. Had me scared.

fat rat
    Mike I would of offered assistance but there are a lot smarter people on this board than me when it comes to certain things......I'm glad to hear people are willing to assist when ever someone needs help and your right there are a lot of good peeps here also.
    Have you ever heard the story about the boy who called wolf!

DansBlown73Nordic
    I read it and thought ut oh..... smile_sp He is back into the bottle of WEED!!!!!!!LMAO