Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any jet boaters in North Carolina?

Jetpilot
    I moved down here from Ohio and left behind my boating buddies. I'm looking for some jetters but I havent seen any so far. Of course its hard to boat on a mud puddle with this drought and all!

wideopen545
    glad to have you posting on the boards
    we live in roanoke va lots of boaters around also lake anna event in june of 2003 hope to see you their

DaveA
    Hey Jetpilot,
    There's several on that puddle called High Rock...I've got some names and phone numbers, but I haven't had any dealings with 'em. I'm always looking for v-drive owners and stuff. They used to hold the drags up on Oak Hollow Lake on the north side of High Point on Hwy 68 until the last year or so... don't know why they don't anymore.
    I'm on Lake Norman below Statesville, and we've got water, but it's now down low enuf that I can't get off the lift. My bro/in/law hasn't been able to get his Baja Outlaw 25 off his since mid August!
    Let me know if you want to get ahold of any jetters down on the High Rock/Badin/Tillery chain, and I'll go get out my notes...
    DaveA

Moomawnster
    From what I heard the Oak Hollow drags were cancelled because the IHBA had a power struggle with the High Point Boosters and walked .... things seemed kinda greedy when I was there ... marketing maggots can ruin anything !

Jetpilot
    Thanks guys for all the info. I've been on Belews Creek Lake a couple times this summer but I have yet to see any kind of performance boats around. Just thought it would be fun to meet some new performance boaters in the area. I was fortunate to catch the Oak Hollow drags in 1999 & 2000 while visiting the area. Great racing to watch! I was really disappointed when they cancelled them this year.

sleekcraft76
    HI
    Thier is a few of us jet boaters hear in raleigh
    we boat mostely on jorden lake just west of apex n.c.

76 Sleekcraft
    Lets see, Thomasville, hummm, Wait a minute, I'm in Thomasville!!! As small as tatertown is, its a wonder we have not seen each other.

promod
    finally getting it together as soon as it gets back from paintshop, it is a blown aclcohol jet for next season!! eek!

DaveA
    There's a guy I talked to a while back that lives in Apex that has an 18' Raysoncraft v-drive. I think he owns a transmission shop or something. If he still has it, he runs on Jordan. I believe he has or did have zoomies on it, too.
    Ring a bell, anybody?
    BTW, sleekcraft 76, I used to live in Cary when it was about 3-4000 people. I heard that Cary now stands for "Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees"...any truth to that? LOL!
    DaveA
    Raysoncrafter

Jetpilot
    76 Sleekcraft, it is a wonder we havent seen each other. I'll have to look you up!
    Again, thanks guys for all the info. I'd really like to meet up with any of you on a lake somewhere. Are there any annual regatta's on the lakes? A friend of mine in Ohio started one 3 years ago for performance boats in general and every year it gets bigger. Just wondered if there was anything like that down here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast