Thread: Windshield - who makes them in northeast?

Avenger 1975
    I'm in New Hampshire and need to get a windshield made for my Avenger. Probably just a low profile tinted wrap around. I don't know anything about attaching windshields, will need advice on that. Does anyone in the northeast do this work? What do you do, make a cardboard template for them to work with?
    Thanks for any help on this.

joe
    give these guys a call wayne earl 714 577 0632
    they made all the glass for my leavey craft they will ship anyware www.wayneearl.com they have patterns for alot of boats

Avenger 1975
    Thanks, Joe. I guess if I'm just sending out a template it won't matter too much where they are located. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Ian
    I had to buy a windshield for my Bahner and it was going to cost about $400.00 to have it fabed up by the company who makes most of the boat windshields (I forget the name). So I made a templet and brought it to a local plastic fabrication shop that said they could do it for less than $200.00, I'm waiting for them to finish and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Avenger 1975
    Ian, I thought about having one made at a local glass place. My problem is I also need help with mounting. I'm not replacing one, so I don't have any existing hardware to go by, and I don't know the best way to mount. The boat has the contoured lip for it to mount on top of, but I need advice which an outfit making windshields can give.
    Let me know how it turns out.

Old Guy
    You might be able to get what you want from the folks who made the boat. They're not in the north east but I got a new windshield frame for my '76 Avenger last year. They were (and are) made by Cee Bee Mfg. in the west.
    old

Avenger 1975
    I knew Avenger was made by Cee Bee, but didn't know they were still in business. I'll contact them, see what they can do. Thanks for the info.

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
    THANKS FOR THE INFO! I'M HERE IN THE NORTH EAST ALSO AND COULDN'T FIND ANYONE TO GET A REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD FOR MY SIDEWINDER, I'VE ALREADY E MAILED THEM...BILL.