Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftershock Boats Screwed Customer

Sandbar Mike
    I'VE GOT TO POST THIS FOR A FRIEND; THIS IS NOTHING AGAINST AFTERSHOCK OWNERS.
    My buddy Sal bought a 24 Aftershock a few years back. On a weekend trip to Bass Lake with his family, the boat completely delaminated. Sal had 6 small kids and 3 adults aboard when everybody was thrown forward, luck the injuries were minor. With the engine compartment partially submerged he was able to fire up the 496mag and idle back to the dock before sinking. He got it back on the trailer after pumping out all the engine compartment water. He said if you looked in the engine compartment while on the trailer you could see daylight straight through the 1/8" glass under the engine. Scary situation to say the least.
    He took the boat back to Aftershock; they kept it for a while to see if it could be repaired or if it needed to be junked. Apparently what had happened was Aftershock had a bad inventory of resin which had been used on a few lay-ups that and had similar problems with a few other boats built around the same time frame. Maybe there are a few more Aftershock owners on here who can elaborate?? Anyway aftershock now has accepted that they will have to replace the hull completely. I think this is what any reputable manufacturer would do, not to mention repairing would have been extremely unsafe(Aftershock original idea).
    6 months later he makes the trip down to Aftershock to pick up his boat. Sal is walking around the boat with our other buddy Kevin pointing out scratches and other flaw's in the gel & paint work. Apparently Aftershock had a custom painter come down to paint some skulls on the boat which were then clear coated. Typically when you paint on a boat you then clear coat the entire boat right?? Not these clowns, they boxed out around the painted skulls so now you see a box around skulls of clear coat. Aftershock told Sal to go ahead and take the boat, run it then bring it back and they'll fix all the nick's, scratches and f'd up interior that they pieced together. Sal takes it back pleased about how it ran, Aftershock took possession to fix punch list stuff and get it repaired back the right way. Sal now returns to pick up his boat and is told by who ever these clowns are that he owes them 6K for all the punch list (not extra) work they did, which was warranty work they should have been done to begin with. He refuses to pay; they refuse to give him his boat back. So he has been notified from an Aftershocks attorney that they put a lien on the boat and wont give it back to him a until he pays the 6K.
    So 2 years back Sal buys a 65K 24ft aftershock that delaminates at 35 hours. He has paid cash for this boat. My advice to him was to get his attorney and nail these guys with punitive damages and the value of the boat. I'd tell them to shove the boat up their @ss. Way to go Aftershock; you sure made a fun family hobby of boating an absolute nightmare for this guy, dude almost got divorced over all this sh&t.
    HOT BOATERS,LIKE I SAID THIS IS NOT A BASHING OF YOUR BOAT OR IT'S QUALITY.
    This is advice on customer service at its worst.
    Sal your welcome to ride with me this Summer in Havasu, being he won’t have his boat!
    Thanks Rocky, I edited my miss spellings, I was in a little hurry!

phuggit
    I hate to read about this kind of crap. I don't have an answer for your friend, but I hope everything gets resolved and he can get out on the water to spend time with his family.

syke-o
    that is a shitty thing for your buddy sal to have to go through... i hope he gets his money back, or a boat that will be to his satisfaction without extra bogus charges..

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We used to own an Aftershock. We called them out on all their short-cuts and made them fix them, which they always did. For the most part they always treated us good but I am pretty sure we would never purchase another one.
    Not sure if she is still there but the chick in the accounting department was evil. We had several run-ins with her. :argue:
    Whenever we had issues with them, we called our salesman and he always handled it.
    Hope they get this handled.

phebus
    You talk of Aftershock having a painter come down and do some work. Was that done in addition to the warranty work, or was the boat brought back to the condition is was bought.
    It would be nice to have the owner come on here and state all the facts.
    I'm not doubting the story you have been told, it's just that I've been on here long enough to see the three sides of every story.

bigq
    any takers on how long till this gets pulled.

Hardly Satisfied
    Sad to hear that anybody has to go though this Bull Sh!t

maxwedge
    I'll take the 7:30pm(CST) tonight slot please. :crossx:

Havasu Luvr
    F*ck Off ! ! Sandbar Mike is NOT like other PUSSY on these boards who post shit then delete....even if there is "3" sides to this story he will leave it up for all to see. Lets see if Carrera/Aftershock steps up to the plate. There is alot more details involved then most know. I too am curious.....

andy01
    Not the first person to own a Aftershock that I have read about that wasn't happy. There are very few boats I would own, if I had to do business with a company like this I would stop boating!!! Tell your friend to fight to the end. They should have just said don't worry about it for the summer of not having a boat.
    Andy

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast