Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JetBoatRich! Warm in the East!

MANIC MECHANIC
    If you mean at the shop, yes, we can count on the road being underwater at least once a year. Although this is the earliest in the year I can remember it flooding ,usually it happens later in the spring.Last spring, I was in water chest deep by the time I finished blocking up an excavator(to keep it above the rising water) that we were working on. I put it 4' up on blocks and still the water level got up to the top of the tracks before finally dropping. I guess that will teach me to work on something down by the lake in flood season! Tim smile_sp

JetBoatRich
    I would have to say time to move the shop or do you just put everything on the second floor?

MANIC MECHANIC
    The shop is on land that is built up about 10' above the surrounding area. I have seen the water reach the base of the slope once in the 23yrs we have been there and can't imagine the shop ever being in danger. Tim smile_sp

MANIC MECHANIC
    The shop is on land that is built up about 10' above the surrounding area. I have seen the water reach the base of the slope once in the 23yrs we have been there and can't imagine the shop ever being in danger. Tim smile_sp

JetBoatRich
    I get the message, you don't have to tell me twice wink

MANIC MECHANIC
    I don't know how I keep doing that!

JetBoatRich
    Gremlins in the computer do that!

DaveA
    Hey JBR,
    It got warm here again today. Hit about 60F, but it wasn't that pleasant because of the 45mph gusts we had. Lake Norman looked like the freakin' Atlantic Ocean out there. Alot of rain Friday/Saturday and the lake's up, too, and flash flooding in the mountains is a problem.

JetBoatRich
    Sounds rough, we hit 65 and expecting rain first part of the week.

Moomawnster
    MANIC MECHANIC:
    I don't know how I keep doing that! Try slowing down the repeat speed on your mouse click ....... in "my computer"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast