Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JetBoatRich! Warm in the East!

572Daytona
    The rains have certainly helped the lake levels here, Lake Lanier is at full pool, the first time since 1998. Here is a before and after pic of my doc with the water down and at the current level. If I wanted to take the 2nd picture from the same place as the 1st I would have had to get my wading boots on

MANIC MECHANIC
    Hey! There's no ice on that lake! No fair!! Tim

JetBoatRich
    Nice to see the water level up, hope we get the same thing. wink

DaveA
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 572Daytona:
    [QB] The rains have certainly helped the lake levels here, Lake Lanier is at full pool, the first time since 1998. Here is a before and after pic of my doc with the water down and at the current level. If I wanted to take the 2nd picture from the same place as the 1st I would have had to get my wading boots on
    Just wondered how your dock was anchored- I think I see some cables etc from the corners. Nice that you can let it out as the water drops. I've got a pier about 80' out, with a floating platform next to the lift. I've got a pic somewhere....How do you like that setup?

572Daytona
    DaveA:
    Just wondered how your dock was anchored- I think I see some cables etc from the corners. Nice that you can let it out as the water drops. I've got a pier about 80' out, with a floating platform next to the lift. I've got a pic somewhere....How do you like that setup? Dave, my dock is ancored by cables which do a great job of keeping the dock moving out or side to side but I also have stkakes at the front of the ramp to keep it from moving in. Lanier is a Corps of Engineers lake and they are very specific on what you can use, both your dock and lifts have to be floating, docks are limited to a maximum size of 32'x32' and ramps no more than 40'
    Some people also have poles that they lower into the bottom to keep the dock from moving along with the cables and wheels on the front of the ramp. This is probably the best arrangement, to move the dock out just lift up the poles and use a 2x4 under the ramp to push it out. To move the dock in raise the poles and crank in the cables to move it up the beach. My neighbor's dock is like this:

agood
    Daytona,
    Are you in Julian Creek? Your dock looks familiar.

572Daytona
    I'm in Taylor Creek - 4TC, I think Taylor Creek turns into Julian creek further up. I'm right across the cove from Julian Rd. Where you at and what are you driving?

JetBoatRich
    Suppose to hit mid70's this weekend

HammerDown
    JetBoatRich:
    Suppose to hit mid70's this weekend Is that with or without an Earthquake eek!

JetBoatRich
    Earthquake comes on the side wink

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast