Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: JetBoatRich! Warm in the East!

572Daytona
    We've got 60's with with thunderstorms and flash flooding supersized. Thank you, drive thru.

JetBoatRich
    We were able to go and have fun at the lake this past weekend, tank tops and shorts
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/78campsite-med.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/78friends-med.jpg[/img]

DaveA
    JetBoatRich:
    We were able to go and have fun at the lake this past weekend, tank tops and shorts Must be nice...we've had rain, low clouds, fog, rain, low clouds, fog, more rain...at least it's above freezing!
    At least the lake is full.

JetBoatRich
    How are things out there?

DaveA
    JetBoatRich:
    How are things out there? Wettest drought I ever did experience.
    Well, now the lake is REALLY full. Neighbor's fixed dock is under water a few inches (told that clown that he needed to raise it on the pilings!) I've got alot of debris up in the yard, and all the ice-storm-related pine branches I was gonna burn on the beach (which I usually have acres of this time of year) are submerged. Wondered why the bass fishermen have been hanging around in this cove lately. Boat lift is at the end of the cables- and the outdrive is still in the water.
    But the sun's out, and it's in the low 70's

JetBoatRich
    Sounds like it will be a good boating year for you

Kilrtoy
    What earthquake, I was just starting the boat motor

JetBoatRich
    Were about to get more rain next week, figures I am off for 4 days

MANIC MECHANIC
    Cold and rained like mad here today. burningm looks like more than one flood this year. Tim

DaveA
    MANIC MECHANIC:
    Cold and rained like mad here today. burningm looks like more than one flood this year. Tim Danged wettest drought I ever did see!
    Yep, finally cleared off here on Fri/Sat. Lake Norman got so full I had water over the boatlift, and lickin' on the vee-bottom. Neighbor's pier was submerged- told him years ago he needed to raise it up! Water is in the yard, along with every bit of lake trash that normally gets floated onto my beach- now in the yard! I looked out into the channel Sun morning and saw building materials floatin' around- a couple of 2x10's off somebody's dock project ended up in our cove. Mine now! Glad nobody hit that stuff. Woulda made a big bang back at the ole outdrive. And messed up a perfectly good piece of treated lumber, too.
    Man, I feel for the folks downriver- for every foot that Norman goes up or down, the next lake south gets nailed- 10' shift at times. Look out South Carolina, we're sending you some of that water you were moanin' about not having last year.
    Be careful what you wish for...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast