Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEED LIMIT ALERT!!!

SHARKEYMARINE
    To All NJ boaters and anyone that vacations in NEW JERSEY, We need your help on January 8th in Trenton, NJ for a meeting where they are pushing to pass a SPEED LIMIT on NJ's waterways. Here is a LINK for articles and letters in regards to this matter. http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine/sharkey/id30.html

HammerDown
    Hmmmm, lets see, I boat the Delaware River, Pa. on one side, NJ. on the other. How will that work?
    The DVBRc have a 1/4 mile test track set-up in NJ...that will bite the BigOne for sure if they start patrolling those waters.

Nova ST
    If I’m not mistaken, the NJ State Police has jurisdiction over all of the Delaware river. A 30-mph speed limit would certainly suck! My boat has a minimum planing speed of 30 to 35 mph (drives in, tabs down, big wake). I guess we will be spending more time down in the Chesapeake Bay.

HammerDown
    Nova...now with your brother having a bigger boat...I'm just leaving mine home!

Rod-64
    As the toll booth capital of the world, I wouldn't be surprised if they put toll booths in your no-wake zones!!!

Sked
    DAMN DEMOCRATS! NEXT THEY'LL WANT TO PASS A "SMART BOAT" LAW.

SHARKEYMARINE
    Meeting is today @ 10:00am in Trenton. Need info, use the Link: Speed Updates

SHARKEYMARINE
    You can read up on the SLAM DUNK that happened @ the meeting here: SPEED UPDATES wink
    [ January 10, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: SHARKEYMARINE ]

Wet Dream
    Congratulations on the victory. I hope you had the turn out you were expecting. Sounds like it went well and had plenty of support.

SHARKEYMARINE
    Thank you WD. These meetings are usually attended with about 4 or 5 people in the audience. We had 100 plus that day. We had enough to get our point across... wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast