Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Beast of the East" Lake Anna, Va.

nitro557
    whats with all this dreaming

fat rat
    Bomber you got the "Beast" washed and polished for the road trip saturday? You know I don't like riding in a dirty ride.
    Nittro.......I heard you're buying dinner saturday....let's see, will that be steak or lobster.....better yet Steak and Lobster...thanx man, see you there.

blondebomber
    Rat the beast is ready too go, you know I don't like a dirty truck. Nitro thanks for picking up the tap tab tonight, you da man. I will see if I can pick up one of my strippers up along the way don't worry nitro they won't eat much just drink allot.

nitro557
    DREAMING AGIAN

Looper
    I go to (the other side of) Anna a lot. Live about an hour away. You guys tried to work something out in advance with the water cops? If you have a cop in your group, would make your weekend a lot better.
    I know it has been mentioned in another thread, but they are pretty uptight about beers on the boats on that side of the lake. Hell, I had them check my cooler as I was launching several years ago. That pretty much did it for me for the cold side.
    A local connection with the cops would be the deal. Otherwise you may be battling with the jet skis and inboard ski boat guys.
    What about the water level? Is it back up yet? One friend couldn't get his boat out of his boat house a couple weeks ago, another just got his prop back from a rebuild from driving his boat back on the trailer and hitting bottom. Heard the power plant had it down for maintenance, so it may be fine by June. This may have been just on the hot side, come to think of it.
    Hope you have good weather, I'll be listening for you guys on the other side of the dam.

nitro557
    havent been down lately to check water level if i cleared it with the cops that would make it an event and id have to get permits.One from each county and from va power this is just wow we all showed up at the same time cool
    I run on the warm side sometimes a buddy has a house at aspen hill ive been going there for years ,what do you have for a boat?

Dimarco Kid
    We have to get fat rat drunk! That's the only way he'll ride in my hydro. We'll have to butter him up on land and lug him to the boat, I guess that will be alright!
    D Kid

Looper
    No, I understand that you wouldn't want an organized official event. Just wondering if someone in the group has a badge connection. That helps a lot.
    One of my friends has his garage at his mother's house in Aspen hill as well. (That's where I launch.) Have friends with a cottage on Florida point (I think that's what it's called.)
    The guys I know there mostly have inboard ski boats, in addition to pontoons & jetskis, various other crap that floats.
    Current boat is a 19' bowrider with an eggbeater, 57 gps, pulls tubes, skis, hold a lot of beer, room for the kids.
    Am looking for a project boat, so lurk on this and other boards a lot.
    Think the lake level is just a winter maintenance deal, maybe on just one side.

fat rat
    Like nittro said....we would have to notify people, pull permits and ect. It's not an organized event.....just some people with like interest's.
    I've been boating at Anna for the last 15 years, running O/T's headers and have never been stopped......everything in moderation. Had my blown Daytona there last summer a couple times......made some high speed passes...no problems with the law. I'm sure if you wanna do something stupid, they'll stop you, just don't give them a reason.
    We're going to have a good time you should come join us. We planned it earlly enough in the season so traffic shouldn't be to bad.

fat rat
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....HYDRO RIDE FOR FAT RAT.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast