Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: lake anna regatta

Infomaniac
    Kid : Yea the Cougar is mine. I saw your machine on that site. It is too cool. The Cougar is there also.
    I would have a hydro myself if not for water conditions determining when you can run it hard. Hydro's are definately the fastest drag hull.
    I sold my DiMarco T deck runner bottom because of water conditions limiting my fun. The tunnel does not care much about chop or rollers. I have had riders nearly suck the seat all the way up when we were coming up on some rollers going really fast. The boat did not even know they were there.
    I raced my friend all summer in his race hydro. His runs 8.80's at 130ish. We run dead even. I will up the blower overdrive from 18% to about 30 and see what happens.

ole war horse
    Fat rat I am not far from you, down in Nanjemoy just past La Plata area. I have A Wriedt 21 w/455 olds.

PE857
    Dimarco Kid,
    saw u talking about the trans deal. a buddy of mine and i both race PE and are going to not use the 2 speeds this year. leyland didnt use his last half of last year and was the model of consistency. 8.0s most of the time. sometimes the trans is just more in-consistency. when i went to smokin in the cove this year i quit using myn 2 speed and boat ran better, 5.90 and 6.019 in 1000'.
    Mph was the same.
    hope to meet you if we get to do the lake anna thing.

ole war horse
    Originally posted by fat rat:
    Hey War Horse, I see you live down my way.....what are you running, I've might have seen you out on the water.

Wet Dream
    People are starting to come out of the woodwork for this. This is getting bigger and bigger by the minute.
    I really feel sorry for the little old couple enjoying a day of fishing in their 12' aluminum troller with a 5 horse strapped on the back.

nitro557
    you need to be nice to johny HAHAlol

Dimarco Kid
    I can't wait to hook on to your Cougar!! That thing snorts! LOL My MPH was always down from the rest of the guys, (you said your friend ran high 8's @130) the boat was a monster out of the hole (18's in the box) but man was she crankin' out top! The NOS made the motor scream, 9800rpm to be exact. Never came apart! Scary.
    I'm running 32's with this blower motor, what do you guys run? Also, PE, what do you have for power? My new motor dynoed 1027 @ 7200. I would like to have some input on your combos. Sounds like you got some hard running artillery! Look forward to hearing from you guys.
    D Kid

Infomaniac
    I run a 37 gear in the box a 11.5 x 16 prop and 7,700 engine RPM. I want to put a bigger gear in before I give it some boost. I think the box will have to come out to make room for bigger gears.
    Kid: If I were you I would run a 43 to 45 gear and your engine RPM should be right at peak HP

Dimarco Kid
    I got a set of 12 degree 57's I would trade for 12- 38-45's if you know of anyone. I run a 11.5-17 on my hydro and have had super luck with it. If I don't find gears, I'll have to run 32's next year for the rally. I'll get over it.
    D Kid

PE857
    D Kid,
    My Kurtis hydro has a 505 ci BBC. Dart 320 alum heads with a super port job 380 cfm @700 lift. lunati .700 roller cam. Jesel belt and rocker arm system. 871 Blower Shop mag blower, bird catcher on alcohol. When we dynoed it had 30 over pulleys and made 1056 hp at 7200 rpm. 1000 # torque. the boat has a set of 63 gears and a 31 split trans. best et 7.56 @ 149 mph. 11 x 17 prop.
    my C&H river rider is a 482 ci bbc with dart pro 1 alum heads, lunati roller, weiand 671 street blower with 2 1050 doms. not sure on gearsin casale or the trans split. motor is actually pretty mild but is pretty fast due to the hydro doesnt take a whole lot of hp to be pretty quick. boat came from some guy who moved out this way from CA. Has a beautiful paint job from some place out there called "colors by scott". the guy i bought it of of was a member of tim capaldis race team. in fact when i bought the boat part of the deal was tims chute jacket with his name embroidered on it and his fire suit with his boat name "shot inb the dark" down thr pants. smallest jacket ive ever seen he must have been a very small man. i still have the stuff.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast