Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Registration

LUVNLIFE
    Hey gang. Not long ago there was a thread about regin a vehicle in Arizona but living in Cali. I've looked up and down and am lost and can't find. Any help? Thank

uvindex
    Howdy:
    Thread is here: http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultima...;f=15;t=003749
    (it's on page 3 (now at least) of the Sandbar, subject is "Luxury Taxes.")
    Good luck!

LUVNLIFE
    Thanks Rather Be but does the same work for car reg also.

Boatcop
    Beating a dead horse, but here it is again.
    It is against California Law for a resident of that state to register their vehicle(s) anywhere else but California. UNLESS that vehicle is never ever brought into California.
    A trailer is considered a "vehicle" for the purposes of this law, but a boat is not.
    A resident is one who lives, works, votes, has driver's license, or sends kids to school in California. Having a vacation home in another state does not make you a "resident" of the other state.

LUVNLIFE
    The reason I ask is that I have a jeep that won't pass Ca. smog, but I use it strickly for offroad. In order to tag tow it behind my motorhome doesn't it have to be registered? That is why I was seeing to keep it registered in Arizona otherwise get a trailer. wink

LUVNLIFE
    Anybody???????

JetBoatRich
    Cale you going to use your in-laws to register it?

Essex502
    I think Alan (Boatcop) answered your question. Pretty simple answer - if you are a CA resident your trailers, trucks and cars MUST be registered in CA unless you NEVER drive it or tow it in CA.

Floatin'
    One other thing to consider is if you are going to put it on a "open" trailer and tow the trailer the vehicle on the "open" trailer must also have a current registration or be classified non-operational. If you put it in a enclosed trailer that would not apply as they don't have the right to search your enclosed trailer. This situation happens very frequently in Glamis where they have registration check points setup on big weekends.

Essex502
    Floatin' - Don't kid yourself...our illustrious Supreme Court has ruled that any officer that stops you on the highway DOES have the right to search you whenever they please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast