Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone built a Porsche Speedster kit??

Hermosa
    Looking for info or advise on these kits. Getting a head start on a winter project, non boat related this time. Want to build a Speedster kit with a nasty little motor, does anyone know who builds one of the better kits (body kit). Any info appreciated. Thanks.

U-Haul
    I hear that Vintage Speedster in Hawaiian gardens is the best out there. Their web address is www.vintagespeedster.com.
    Good Luck!!

wsuwrhr
    I have built speedsters and have been to the place in hawaiian gardens. I am a VW nut, I have a 2332 in a baja. What are you looking to know?
    Brian

Ziggy
    I only have a friend who has restored a "real 356speedster" down to the plating of every bolt. If you have specific needs I may be able to get some info from him on it. PM me if you would like me to do so.

GlastronGuy
    U-Haul:
    I hear that Vintage Speedster in Hawaiian gardens is the best out there. Their web address is www.vintagespeedster.com.
    Good Luck!! No workie.

It will work if you try it like this without the period after the "com"
    http://www.vintagespeedsters.com/

GlastronGuy
    OLDSQUIRT:
    It will work if you try it like this without the period after the "com"
    http://www.vintagespeedsters.com/ DOH!
    Thanks Craig. I should have seen that.

Hermosa
    U-Haul:
    Good Luck!! Yes, I have heard they make a nice kit. I'm going to price it out and hopefully place an order this month...

OutCole'd
    wsuwrhr:
    I have built speedsters and have been to the place in hawaiian gardens. I am a VW nut, I have a 2332 in a baja. What are you looking to know?
    Brian Brian, I shot you 5 for being a VW nut. I used to race them years ago. Was doing 11.17 @ 113 in a full body sedan.

Hermosa
    wsuwrhr:
    Brian I've always been a big fan of the Speedster style, but have been hesitant in building one because of the quality Speedsters I have seen in the past. Some of the kits are real junk, I have only seen a few good ones up close. I just want to make sure I get a good kit from a good builder where everything fits and the fiberglass is straight. I have heard from a few now that Vintage Speedster has a nice product, the two finished Speedsters that I know came from there are sturdy and look good after a few miles. Still looking at if I want to do it or not, but it will probably happen, I want one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast