Thread: deckboats

vodkarocks
    I am thinking about buying a 28 ft deck boat. Can anyone let me know if they are good for skiing or wakeboarding? Is the 496HO big enough?
    What's a good price before options

dimarcobros
    Get in touch with Keith Sayre at Conquest. He is the man and has all the answers. He is on the boards so if you look in the directory you will find his email.
    DMB

SBullet
    Vodkarocks,
    I think the best Deckboat is Conquest! My friend has one with the 496HO and is runs in the upper 60's!!!

OC-PARTYCAT
    If you want to save about 20K, My Advantage is for sale. My kids wake board, knee board, and ski behind it and it works great. Give me a call if interested.
    55K is a very good deal...(949) 254-7273

vodkarocks
    Why are you selling it? Where is the best place to look at designs for the gel coat

OC-PARTYCAT
    Im buying a 40' motorhome and the boat pushes me way past my legal towing limit (65'). The boat has over 90K in it and is ready to go.

h2oski2fast
    I have skied behind a Conquest and Party Cat. Both got on plane fairly easy. They are a little different to ski behind, they both have very little wake (at skiing speeds). I also do graphic designs. I have designed graphics for a handfull of boats. Most recent was for Commander, the bowrider that was featured in the latest HB mag. It's not a great picture angle in the mag, and Commander changed the colors from what was designed. Anyways, that's part of my business. I have designed graphics for 4 different boats (which were done in the gelcoat) and 3 of them have been featured in HB mag. Here's a 35' Fountain that I designed. This was, computer designed in Photoshop and printed vinyl and then I applied it myself.

partycat
    I have a 27 Eliminator FunDeck. I love it! However, both the wife and I agree that the 496Ho we got with it is not enough. BTW the Eliminator is almost an exact splash of the conquest (not the most recent conquest hull, but close enough). My family are pretty avid skiers, and we wnat more holeshot. Have not tried wake boarding, butr at slow speeds makes some sick waves. Eats gas though!