Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heatwave - who was fastest ?

carbonmarine
    So: whos the king of havasu this trip ?
    ... I was down by steam boat and watched these guy come a haul'in by... Seemed like there was about three boats... I know that they werent pushing it too hard.... I saw the Preditor never made it that morning , Saw him on the beach at Nautical ..
    Maybe it was me, but I really thought that
    there was to be more boats than I saw....
    I was a little dissapointed. I think that it could be beacuse its the end of the season....
    One thing that did pop out at tme , theer was no boat smaller than 30 ft parked at the nautical in the bay and no boat under $120K..... lotsa dough out there this weekend......
    Rick32

hot_diggity_dog
    Rick,
    Did you see us, wink (XRated) right in front of the Naked Turtle?
    I will do an update with photo's on the event .ASAP!
    HDD

jdnichols
    We ended up with 136 boats, and the biggest overall size fleet ever. As all these big hitters came out loaded for bear, Murphy's Law bit big time! Engine Carnige every where. Gary (skater40) thru a rod on Friday with C2 and Mike C on board, lots of boats had simular fun.
    We had a overall safe and great run, the number of spectators was very large and made our patrol boats work overtime. I do thank everyone who helped keep the route clear.
    We thank everyone who came and made such a super event. The sponsors really came out for this one! Will post more later, I'm wiped out!

Craig
    136 boats Jim, I thought you've had more than that before on the fall run?
    [ October 06, 2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Havasu Cig
    There were at least 3 Skaters leading the pack when they went by us about halfway to the first stop.

LakeRacer
    Craig:
    136 boats Jim, I thought you've had more than that before on the fall run? We've had more on the fall run before. What Jim meant was that our overall boat size was more than 30ft in length.

hot_diggity_dog
    From the drivers I talked to, they said that Byond was the 1st to stop #1.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/55Mvc-097s-med.jpg[/img]
    Not all of the drivers went all out to the 2nd stop.
    The water was pretty rough, and was a lot rougher than it looked.
    The Skater's, Wildcat and Out of control were right there in the top three. I heard Byond left early? eek!
    Byond has a top speed of 162 MPH, Gibson in his 39 MTI said he was cruising around 130MPH when he got passed.
    HDD
    [ October 06, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

skater 32
    B'yond Reason did not run in the morning. They had electrical problems. Wildcat broke in the morning run. They did not run in the afternoon. B,yond Reason was the first to the first card stop in the afternoon.

Ziggy
    Here's the only one I got on film..never seemed to be in the right spot--I was just pulling into Sandpoint for late lunch so I wasn't as close as I wanted.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/343PokerRun-med.jpg[/img]
    Chopper was fun to watch too, made some cool manuevers to switch filming boats

hot_diggity_dog
    B'yond Reason did not run in the morning. They had electrical problems. Wildcat broke in the morning run. They did not run in the afternoon. B,yond Reason was the first to the first card stop in the afternoon.
    Maybe someone can put up a list of the top five in the morning to stop #1 and the top five to spot #2.
    It seemed like whomever you talked to had a different story on who was the fastest. eek!
    Then you have the, who was the fastest without leaving early , and followed the rules. wink
    I hope the guy's who left the start to soon didn't ruin it for next year.
    FYI they didn't receive their permits for the event until a few day's before the event and had to make some concessions. argue
    LET'S GET THE REAL FACTS, ANYONE!!!
    Hot (Just want to get the story straight ) Diggity Dog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast