Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Cali gov candidates please!!

Mandelon
    It costs $3500 to sign up to run for governor.
    If we can get 10,857,000 more people to run, it will solve the debt crisis.
    C'mon folks, sign up and run!!!
    [ August 12, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

JetBoatRich
    We have over 200 already, circus election
    [ August 12, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Kilrtoy
    This has turned into a BIG joke

beer hunter
    I just hope everyone remembers to check their chads after voting idea

JetBoatRich
    You know HallettDave was a hit last weekend, maybe we can convince hime to run eek!

eliminatedsprinter
    Actally, I like it. A short campaign period and a wide variety of candidates. I'm not saying I would want this for every election (like they do in many other countries) but in this one instance I find it refreshing. Go Arnold (even if Mclintok is the best candidate).

Jrocket
    I'll vote when Jenna Jameson enters!

MagicMtnDan
    JetBoatRich:
    We have over 200 already, circus election The media is making a big deal out of the election and calling it a circus. It's not. They just don't know what to do with it because it's different than the typical two candidates, one from each of the main parties, going toe-to-toe slugging it out.
    This is a great opportunity for people to be heard. But ultimately it will come down to three to five candidates of these "major candidates:"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Arnold I'll-be-governor-if-I-can-avoid-debating Schwarzenegger <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cruz vote-against-the-recall-but-if-you-don't-you-should-vote-for-me-cuz-I'm-a-Democrat Bustamante <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Peter hey-I'm-the-Olympics-guy Uberroth (no chance but possible leader of the rest of the pack) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tom best-all-around-Republican-in-this-election McClintock (best Republican candidate but too right wing for this very liberal state) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Bill I-lost-once-because-my-dog-can-campaign-better-than-me-so-I'm-going-to-lose-again Simon <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ariana no-one-likes-me-I-can't-win-but-I-hate-SUVs-and-I-married-an-oilman-for-his-money-and-divorced-him Huffington<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
    This is a chance for the VOTERS in California to be heard and to have our votes really matter and send a message to politicians everywhere (especially here) - do right by us or you're out on your A$$!
    [ August 12, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

Phat_Kat
    we're just waisting money with this recall!!! We should've just kicked davis out the next time around but then again we were stupid enough to do it last time so I guess 3 wouldn't have been the charm. Still bottom line, californians are turning into everything we're called. A bunch of whiney pains in the ass who won't shut up and go with the flow. People in the LA area are exactly what they're said to be and that is a bunch of stuck up yuppie bastards who should be beat over the head a few thousand times. Most of san fransico is a bunch of raging ass bandits, and sacramento... well look at who's in office and you'll get the point. Cities like Las Angles need to focus on the polution issue in the area. It's flat out ridiculous! A study showed that living in LA for a week was like smoking a pack of cigarettes. San Fransico needs to work on AIDS(sorry I couldn't resist) and finnally Sacramento needs to get Gray Davis a tutor in california governing.

spectratoad
    I just hope for you guys that there isn't so many candidates that it splits the votes so thin that Davis still comes out ahead. If all the other candidates get 1% of the vote and davis squeeks by with 1.7% of the vote then you guys are stuck and he says I told you Cali loves me and it is back to the same old thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast