Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Launch Ramp Etiquette

mirvin
    What's with people not understanding that the launch ramp is ALL BUSINESS!! Everytime I go to the lake there's allways people sitting on the ramp lolly gagging.
    Sometimes they sit there with their boat on the trailer, sometimes they sit there and their boat isn't even in sight!!! Most recently there were 2 sets of sea doo trailers sitting in the water with nobody around. The people and their sea doo's were over at the beach having a picnick while their crap was blocking the ramp!! The Ranger finally tracked them down and made them move!!
    If you get to the ramp to pick up and your boat aint ready, tough shit, you gotta get back in line and start over!!
    devil

ACCEPTENCE
    Usually happens becuase those types of jackhole-butheads have no common sence or consideration and figure they are the only important people around.
    They have no place to be, no one will miss them and they have all day to go nowhere!!!
    Effin retards

dimarcobros
    What pisses me off is those a**holes that sit on the side of the launch ramp in chairs with ice chest for the sole purpose to laugh at people. When someone is having trouble backing in the trailer or having trouble with anything else, they jsut sit there and smile. Get off your a** and help. That just annoyes me. burningm burningm
    DMB

summerlove
    dimarcobros:
    What pisses me off is those a**holes that sit on the side of the launch ramp in chairs with ice chest for the sole purpose to laugh at people. When someone is having trouble backing in the trailer or having trouble with anything else, they jsut sit there and smile. Get off your a** and help. That just annoyes me. burningm burningm
    DMB Yea, but look at'em! They're a bunch of fat old men that wish they had boats as cool as the rest of us (assuming I have a cool boat, that is!) wink I do harass them sometimes though. One time, my wife and I had a hell of a time getting theboat to sit right, and I was on the left side of the ramp at LHC marina, and they started giving me crap (jokingly) - I gave it right back. Asked if they wanted another Schlitz!
    [ October 06, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: summerlove ]

jbtrailerjim
    dimarcobros:
    You gotta admit sometimes it's pretty damn funny how stupid people can be when they are loading and unloading there boats. Some people make such a project out of launching and loading there boats on a trailer.
    Jim
    DMB

fourspeednup
    Best time on the ramp, 23 seconds with my little jet. Those fat asses sitting on the side were clapping as I gave them the finger. (I was really just telling them they were #1)

MagicMtnDan
    dimarcobros:
    What pisses me off is those a**holes that sit on the side of the launch ramp in chairs with ice chest for the sole purpose to laugh at people. When someone is having trouble backing in the trailer or having trouble with anything else, they jsut sit there and smile. Get off your a** and help. That just annoyes me. burningm burningm DMB[/b] I won't condone these buttholes sittin' there watching but you gotta know that some of the very best entertainment on the water besides stripper poles on boats, pasties and beer bongs happens at the launch ramp.
    Dumb question of the day: how are people supposed to get educated about launch ramp etiquette? Seems like everyone HERE knows what to do and how to do it but what about everybody else? Is there some way people become educated about launch ramp behavior? When someone's being a ramp-turd can't we yell out to them, "RTFM?" (Read The Effen Manual!)
    [ October 06, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

mickeyfinn
    Down here the ones having trouble are the "weekend warriors" The people who have boats that they only use once or twice a year. It is the same people who panic whenever a little thunderstorm blows up and all the sudden they have to have the boat out right now!!. They are afraid of getting the boat wet. The lake here has gotten so bad we don't even go near the south end during the weekend. Me and a buddy used to wait on the big thunderstorms to blow up and go to the launch ramp to watch the entertainment. We even had 8 x 10 cards with the numbers 1-10 so we could hold them up and rate them. Almost every weekend there would be at least one boat bounce off the trailer half way up the ramp. Then we would be one of the first to start rounding up help to help lift the damn gayliner or sea ray back on the trailer where it would sit until next year.

Where the hell's Burt when you need him. He's really well versed on this subject!

572Daytona
    I admit it, I've got to be one of the slowest launcher/retrievers. If it is a good year (no repairs needed) I launch once in the spring and retrieve once in the fall so I don't get a lot a practice. I do it alone so I have to tie my boat to the dock or beach it while I walk to my car and back it down. It usually takes me a couple of tries to back the trailer down the right way, especially the SeaDoo trailer. Trying to back that thing empty behind the Suburban is next to impossible since you can't see it, I usually have to get out and straighten it out by hand.
    When I launch, before I even think of removing it from the trailer, I always double and triple check for leaks. Even the SeaDoo. I almost lost it last year when it developed a leak around the pump shaft. So now I always remove the seat to check it for leaks as well. Before pulling back up the ramp I always make sure that the boat is aligned properly and securely fastened. I lost a boat off a trailer in the middle of an intersection before, it is not a fun experience.
    I can't stand the pricks who sit and watch and laugh and don't offer to help someone who is obviously struggling. I'm sure these are the same assholes that wouldn't tow you in if you are broken down in the middle of the lake. Normally to avoid them and the impatient bass boaters who like to dig holes in the mud at the bottom of the ramps by gunning their motors when putting their boats on or off their trailers, I usually plan to hit the ramp during the week when no one else is there. Other than the guy with the canoe this is how the ramp usually looks to me:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/368Dscn0698e.jpg[/img]
    [ October 06, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: 572Daytona ]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast